Chapter 5

I woke up feeling warm and safe for some odd reason. A wonderful smell filled my nose as I rolled over. Soft fabric rubbed against my cheek and I inhaled the amazing smell again. Where was that smell coming from?!

My eyes peeked open and I gazed around the dim room. No one else was up yet, but I could tell it was morning. I reached for the piece of fabric I slept on and pulled it from beneath my head, so I could get a better look. It was a black jacket. That's when I remembered: I never gave Sirius his jacket back after I fell in the lake!

Merlin, his jacket smelled so good! Did he always smell like that?

I turned my nose up at the thought that anything about Sirius black could be 'good.' With the task of returning Sirius' jacket at hand, I formed plan for a little sweet revenge. We were only one day into the semester, and I was about to raise some hell at Hogwarts. Was Sirius already worth two of my dung bombs? Oh yes.

My hands searched through my trunk for the bag concealed in a hoodie. When I found it, I plucked two dung bombs out and set them on the lid of my trunk. If this didn't work, I would be pranking myself instead of Sirius.

"Impedimenta," I whispered as I jinxed the two bombs. Hopefully, I was able to cast the slowing spell properly on the bombs and hopefully the spell would slow the burning of the wick, so I could get out without smelling like a garbage dump. I stepped out of the room and onto the stairwell, lighting the bombs and placing one in each pocket.

Hastily, I hopped down the stairs, not wanting to waste any time. Only a few people were up, either playing chess, sitting on a couch, or simply talking. I looked wildly around for the dark-haired boy. If he wasn't up yet, my whole plan would be ruined, and I would go the rest of the day smelling like a sewer.

"Good morning, Lexi," a voice yawned. "Fancy seeing you here."

Just the person I was looking for! Sirius sat on the couch looking like he just woke up, with his hair sticking up at odd angles and a dazed expression. For once, he looked innocent and nice. I almost felt bad for what I was about to do to him! Almost...

"Good morning Sirius!" I said with a false smile and walked over to him, taking a seat on the red couch across from him. "Here's your jacket. Thanks for letting me borrow it after you plunged me in the lake!"

"Sorry about that, again."

His hand groggily reached for the jacket and I hesitated. For a moment, I didn't want to prank him. He was being so nice! But the bombs were about to go off at any second...

"No hard feelings Sirius! Uh, gotta go! See you at breakfast!"

As fast as my legs could carry me, I bolted out the portrait hole and ran down the corridor. Heart pounding from the adrenaline rush, I turned around a corner and waited, listening for the slightest sound. When I heard the faint boom and a couple of screams, I knew my plan succeeded. Revenge is sweet, Sirius.

Revenge is sweet.

<<>><<>><<>>

Not so surprisingly, Sirius was late for breakfast. When Lily showed up to breakfast she had quite the story to tell.

"There you are Lexi! Did you see what happened in the common room?!" Lily asked as she sat next to me. She had an excited glint in her emerald eyes.

"No, what happened?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Someone set off dung bombs and got Sirius! It smelled so horrible and Sirius... Oh my god Lexi, you should've been there! He was furious and was a mess, smelling so horrible and all! The prefects are going to give whoever did it detention!" Lily explained. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the apple I was holding tightly. Detention on my first day?! Mum will be so mad...