Chapter 40

"Padfoot! You remembered!" James gushed while squealing like a little girl and excitedly slapping Sirius on the leg as he held up his Christmas gift. In his hands, James was holding up a muggle toy called a Slinky while Sirius grinned proudly. James tackled him in a hug while continuing to squeal. They're such girls sometimes.

"Aright Vix, your turn!" Sirius announced as he chucked a rather small and shabbily wrapped present at my face. It was basically the same scene from two years ago- the small package hitting me smack in the nose. Only this time, it didn't hurt due to its size. Curiously, I unwrapped the small package until a golden cylinder fell into my hands.

"Is this supposed to mean something?" I sighed and held up a tube of cherry lipstick. Stifling a laugh, I uncapped the tube and rolled my eyes. "Pads! It's not even new! Did you get this off the ground or something?!"

"You don't like my present?!" Sirius scoffed, feigning sadness. "How very rude of you!"

"He's trying to subliminally tell you he wants to snog your face off." Remus chuckled and twirled his new remembrall from Peter around on one of his fingers.

"Very true, try some of the lipstick and come here Vix!" Sirius joked and puckered up, leaning in. For a second, I was tempted to just quickly kiss the famed player Sirius in the holiday spirit, before remembering Robert and slapping him away. Sirius laughed the whole thing off and turned to Peter to give him his present, leaving me sitting there alone and confused, inspecting the used cherry lipstick.

"You look a bit down beautiful." A husky voice whispered in my ear from behind the couch.

"Robert!" I beamed and turned my head over the back of the couch to give my boyfriend a long, sweet kiss, much to James' disgust- who covered Peter's eyes like one would do to a little kid.

"Merry Christmas, love." Robert sighed happily and carefully placed a small present in my hands. Carefully, I tugged at the bright silver bow on the box. Robert watched me nervously as my hands fumbled with the lid and pulled it off to reveal a glittering necklace.

I was speechless at its beauty- glittering sapphire stones hanging from a silver chain. Surely, it cost him a fortune! My finger trailed across the delicate chain and I marveled at its beauty while feeling inadequate. Robert was treating me like a princess, but I was kind of hurt he didn't realize I never wear jewelry except for special occasions. Did he know I would've loved a box of fireworks just as much? I didn't even deserve such an expensive gift, especially when all I bought for Robert was a broomstick servicing kit.

"Do you like it?" Robert asked hopefully, his brown eyes shining with pride.

"I- I love it." I gushed quietly and moved my hair out of the way so he could help me put it on. From across the room, Sirius snickered at me as Robert clasped the necklace. Sirius knows of my dislike for expensive jewelry from the time I told him "it's just rocks!"

"I love it." I assured again, assuring myself more than Robert, all the while, keeping my eyes locked with Sirius, who saw right through me.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Merry Christmas Sirius!" A Hufflepuff girl with dirty blonde hair sat down in between Sirius and I at the breakfast table. She wasted no time in starting to snog Sirius' face off, Sirius happily obliging. The sounds they were making were quite disgusting. I exchanged a look with Remus who watched them lazily over his bowl of cereal. This was a daily occurrence anyways.