Chapter 48

"Honestly, I don't understand how you didn't know about that bet!" Marlene sighed and flipped through the pages of the magazine she was reading. "What do you think of this one Lexi?"

Marlene had her pointer finger on a picture of a girl in a short, black dress. It would look great on Marlene, but not on me.

"You could pull it off, but I never could." I chuckled and flipped the page of the muggle magazine full of pictures of dresses. Brittany sent us both a letter and stack of magazines that morning, letting us know we were to be her two bridesmaids at her wedding in the summer. I was extremely touched, but scanning through the boring muggle magazines (the people didn't even move!) while looking at dresses was not how I wanted to spend my day. I should've been sleeping, considering the full moon was that night.

"But are you going to help either Sirius or Donald win the bet?" Marlene asked, her warm brown eyes flitted up from the magazine to meet mine.

"They can tie for all I care." I rolled my eyes, worrying about my own bet with Remus instead. That bet was only between Remus and me, no matter how tempted I was to spill the secret to Lily and Marlene. "I'm just surprised both of them have kissed basically all of the girls in our year."

"Are you really? They're both so hot! I'm surprised you haven't kissed either of them... Especially Sirius."

I stayed silent and stared at a red dress on the page in front of me, suddenly interested.

"It's really quite funny how similar you lot are... Donald is just like Sirius and you are just like Spies." Marlene went on.

"I am taking extreme offense to that."

"Not like that, I mean in relationships with your best friend. Everyone assumes you and Sirius are a thing... Same with Spies and Donald- well speak of the devil."

"Fancy seeing you here Lexi." Donald's low voice sounded from beside me. He nodded at Marlene, who was flustered and started to fix her already pin straight and perfect blonde hair. "Hullo Mary."

"It's Marlene." Marlene gushed and giggled. She was absolutely mesmerized by him and could care less that he messed up her name. It was funny, nearly all of the girls Sirius threw away hated him, but all of Donald's exes loved him.

"So Lexi," Donald turned his attention away from Marlene and looked at me. "Would you like to accompany me to Hogsmeade this weekend?"

Marlene's eyes bugged out of her head and she nodded her head hysterically, trying to get me to say yes.

"Sorry, I think I'm going with Sirius." I rejected him firmly. There's a power in saying no to the boy who probably had never been rejected before in his life, and I loved the reaction I drew out of him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped, making him look like a fish gasping for air.

"I... Uh..." Donald stuttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Trust me, I know all about the bet. If you want to take me on a date after New Years, I will happily oblige."

"I don't..."

"You should probably go... For all you know, Sirius could be snogging Spies as we speak." I pointed out and Donald's face paled.