Chapter 37

Sitting with my newly announced boyfriend on the Hogwarts Express did have its perks. For one, I was more than fine with holding Robert's hand and allowing him to sneak kisses every now and then. The thing I couldn't stand was the group of three Gryffindor sixth year girls who looked like they wanted to kill me. Every time Robert would even look my way, one of the girls would make a face like they ate a vomit flavored jelly bean.

"Robert..." One of the girls purred, trying to take his attention away from me as he lazily twisted one of my curls around his finger. "We're still going to go to Hogsmeade together like you said next week, right?"

"Sorry Ari... I'm probably going to go with Lexi- that is, if she wants?" Robert asked hopefully and looked at me for an answer. I nodded happily, making 'Ari' pout and flip her short brown hair over her shoulder. The other two girls glared at me from either side of Ari. Even though I was the one with Robert, I still felt threatened by the girls.

"Robert, I'm going to see if I can find my friends, I haven't seen them in a while..." I whispered and started to get up after giving him a quick kiss. As soon as I stood up and started leaving the compartment, Ari pounced and slid next to Robert, twirling her hair as she did so.

"Hurry back..." Robert called nervously and slid away from Ari. I trust Robert, but I don't trust those girls. Walking quickly down the aisle of the train, I pushed past people to get to the last compartment where the boys usually sat. I skirted carefully around a blonde girl and her boyfriend as they obnoxiously sucked each other's faces off in plain sight. Finally, I reached the last compartment and pushed open the sliding door, not even bothering to knock.

"Hello fellow Marauders, did you miss me?" I announced to the boys as I stepped in grandly.

"Vixen!" James grinned and pulled my arm so he forced me to take a seat next to him.

"Long time no see Vix!" Peter joked as I just saw him a few weeks ago during the summer so we could work on becoming Animagi.

"Finally realized we're more important than that boyfriend of yours?" Remus asked and reached over so he could mess up my hair.

"How'd you know about that?! I never told you guys!" I swatted his hand away.

"We heard rumors..." James said mysteriously, wiggling his eyebrows, his hazel eyes shimmering with excitement.

"Prongs is lying... We saw you snogging him as we got on the train." Peter clarified and I blushed.

"You saw that?!" I groaned as my face continued to heat up. James kept wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and Peter just laughed. Remus rolled his eyes and picked up the book on defense against the dark arts he set down when I entered. "Guys, where's Padfoot?"

"You mean my not quite as handsome doppelgänger? My partner in crime?" James asked, lazily leaning back with his hands behind his head.

"You mean the girl crazy dog who should be kept on a leash?" Remus continued after James, a smirk forming on his lips.

"If you're talking about that Padfoot..." Peter went on. "You may or may not find him in the hall. Let's just say you weren't the only one who was caught snogging on the train today..."

"Wait..." I trailed off, remembering the slight glance I caught of the couple in the aisle. "Is he dating some blonde now?!"

"Short and desperate?" Remus questioned.

"Slutty?" Peter offered.

"Looks like she is about to devour her boyfriend's face?" James finished and I nodded to each of their descriptions. "That would be the annoying Kelly Sandven. And yes, she has been dating our Padfoot for roughly... Two hours."