Chapter 49

"Alexandra, that was brilliant!" Professor Norris beamed after her wand went flying out of her hand. We now had a perfect system, I would make the Animagus potion for her, no questions asked, and she would teach me herbology or defense against the dark arts. Just as Ollivander told me years ago in his shop, my wand was living up to its description- perfect for dueling.

"Well, I had a great teacher!" I laughed and handed her the wand. I loved dueling and caught on quickly. Next time Spies stepped in my way, I would have a few more tricks up my sleeves.

Right on time, Sirius stepped in the doorway of the defense against the dark arts classroom, knocking as he leaned against the frame. Professor Norris grinned at me and started to put away her things.

"Good evening ladies." Sirius called.

"Evening, Mr. Black." Professor Norris nodded. She carefully picked up a small vial of the potion I made her and swirled it in its container- the contents a silvery grey from the hair she used. But she never actually drank the potion in front of me. "Shall we meet again after the holidays?"

"Okay... I'll see you then!"

Sirius pressed a hand to the small of my back and steered me out into the corridor. Ever since that full moon two months ago, we'd been closer than ever. Luckily, James managed to save our asses by continuing to tell Remus the Snape incident was all an accident. And for some reason, Snape never spoke a word to anyone about the werewolf. Everything seemed to go back to normal... Except between Sirius and me.

"Do we have to go back now?" Sirius asked, his hand still on my back and slowly inching its way lower. A laugh bubbled up in my throat and I swatted his hand away.

"Why? What did you have in mind?" I played along. Sirius took his chance and spun me around to press me against the wall. I smirked back as he eyed me. My heartbeat started to speed up.

"You know what I have in mind."

"Nope." I teased, pressing a hand on his chest as he inched forward. "We both know why you want to do this... So you can kiss me again and try to win this bet fair and square."

"Again?" Sirius repeated. I stopped breathing. "You remember the-"

"I didn't say again." I lied quickly. "We've never kissed... And it's not going to happen as long as you're chasing after Spies."

"This has nothing to do with the bet anymore." Sirius growled, tucking a piece of my long hair behind my ear. Although I knew it was wrong to act this way just for my stupid bet, I leaned into him, minimizing the few inches left between us and I could feel his heart speed up like mine always did around him. "You don't know what you're doing to me... Merlin, what's happening to me?"

"Padfoot, stop... We can do this... What ever it is... After New Years or you call off the bet." I negotiated firmly. Still, Sirius lowered his head and pressed his forehead to mine while taking a deep breath. I was supposed to be the one getting him to fall in love with me, but little moments like those drove me wild, and I knew I was starting to fall in my own grave.

"Why do you have to make everything so hard?"

"I could totally turn that sentence into an inappropriate and sexual remark." I joked, seizing the moment when he started to laugh to wiggle out from under him. "You only have twelve more days and then we can do whatever you want."