Chapter 28 (Year Three)

"Padfoot!" I screamed as Sirius smacked the baseball right at me, nearly zipping past my face, but I managed to hit it back at him with my baseball bat, probably just as hard.

"What?" He asked innocently as he hit the baseball back, luckily not as hard. We were all playing Quidditch in James' backyard. Sirius and I were Beaters, Remus was Keeper, James (of course) was Chaser, and we told Peter to play Seeker, but we didn't have a Snitch, so he was just flying around us, looking for a golden ball that didn't exist.

My Nimbus moved smoothly through the air, so I could get to the baseball and return it to Sirius. Surprisingly, I was doing well at playing Beater, and Sirius and I were making a great team.

"Wow Vixen! You're really good at that!" James called from the other side of the yard, where he made another easy score on Remus. "Have you ever thought about trying out for Beater?"

"Beater? Really Prongs?" I raised an eyebrow at him. All the Beaters in the school were boys; strong, thick headed, stubborn, boys. In other words, Sirius would be perfect. "I'd probably get knocked off my broom the second a Bludger hit me!"

"Really? Because I think you have great reflexes and you'd never get hit!" James replied. As if to prove his point, James whipped the Quaffle right at my head when I wasn't expecting it. Time seemed to slow down, and I leaned out of the way, the Quaffle flying right past me.

"I think she would be too," Sirius agreed and hit the baseball back at me so I could return it. "I mean, this ball is smaller than a Bludger, so I'd like to see what she can do with a real one..."

"Fine!" I sighed. "I'll try out. But Padfoot has to too!"

"That's fine by me love. More time I get to spend with you." Sirius smirked and I hit the baseball harder than I had the whole day right at his face. He just hit the ball right back to me with ease. "Nice hit Vixen, but better luck next time."

"Boys and Lexi!" I heard Mrs. Potter calling from the porch of the Potter mansion. "Come inside! Dinner is ready!"

Reluctantly, we all got off our brooms and trudged up to the house. Remus and I were the only ones to wipe off our muddy shoes, much to the house-elf's surprise. The poor elf immediately started cleaning up the spots of mud on the gleaming floor.

"This looks absolutely wonderful Mrs. Potter!" I said politely as I took the only empty seat next to Mr. Potter, who was reading the Daily Prophet. James looked at me and rolled his eyes at my cordiality before mouthing 'suck up'. Mr. Potter looks exactly like James. They had the same messy, black hair, hazel eyes, and smile.

"Thank you dear!" Mrs. Potter said fondly and passed me a plate of steak. "I thought you five deserved one last home cooked meal before you go back to school!"

"Well thif if amafing," Sirius mumbled through a mouthful of food, making me snort into my glass of water. Somehow, I managed to convince my mum to allow me to spend the final night of vacation at the Potter's. Maybe it was because I'd spent practically the entire summer there anyways, smuggling potions each time I went.

"That truly was amazing," I agreed after we finished the meal. Glancing at each of the four boys, I knew it was time to sneak away and practice becoming Animagi again...

"Yes, well... Mum, we are going to the den now..." James said and pushed his chair back. We all followed suit and filed out of the dining room, weaving though the Potter mansion until we made it to the cozy den, the four vials of potion clinking in my pocket as we walked.

"Once again, Vixen, the amazing potion master has not failed us!" James praised as I threw him all four of the vials.

"Let's see if the not-so-amazing Prongs held up on his end of the deal?" I smirked, and James pulled out four small bags of hair. He threw each of us a vial along with our designated hairs. Just as I'd done before, I threw the fine, red, fox hairs in the glass vial.