Chapter 79

On May 13th, I sat by the window in the common room, watching people outside. Sirius sat next to me, stroking my hair, and my heart dropped with every minute ticking by. We hadn't talked about the Queen concert tickets I bought him for Christmas, and how the concert was that night. I knew if we even considered asking to leave the school for the event, they would laugh at us and send us right back into the castle.

"I'm sorry we can't go to the Queen concert," I sighed. I stared at two Aurors talking on the Hogwarts lawn.

"What do you mean we can't go?" Sirius questioned. He looked dismayed.

"Dumbledore won't let anyone leave the castle and I'm sure the Aurors won't let us just leave right under their noses! We'll be expelled if we're caught!"

Sirius blinked at me a few times before laughing.

"Don't worry about them!" he assured. "In fact, let's get out of here now!"

Sirius grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the tower. He dodged ever Auror patrolling the hall, but made no effort to go near any of the entrances of the castle. Instead, he brought us to a corridor on the seventh floor where he decided to jump out a window and onto the roof.

"Sirius, what the hell are we doing?" I mused as I followed him, my feet slipping on the shingles. He stopped by a slope in the building and started muttering while waving his wand. Right before my eyes, Sirius' motorcycle appeared, the concealment charm lifted.

"Don't underestimate Sirius Black. He wouldn't miss this concert for anything," Sirius announced. I laughed as he threw one leg over the bike and started it. The loud engine caused multiple people to peer out of the windows of the castle and gawk. "Now get over here and lets go before someone tries to stop us!"

I jumped on the motorcycle and wrapped my arms around Sirius' torso. My hands spread across his toned stomach as the motorcycle let out a loud rev and drove across the roof. As soon as the front tire fell off the edge of the roof, my stomach dropped, and I feared the bike's magic wore off after months of dormancy. However, we continued our path and I laughed into the wind as Aurors, students, and professors pointed in shock at the flying motorcycle leaving Hogwarts.

I was surprised when no one followed us. My heart filled with joy as we flew through the air, the wind blowing my hair out of my face and my cheek pressed against the leather of Sirius' black jacket. The towns spread out below us, the people no bigger than ants, as we approached London. At one point, Sirius decided to drive the motorcycle on the Muggle roads to avoid any issues when we arrived at the concert. He was terrible at following the Muggle laws and relied on me yelling in his ear to stop or slow down. I wanted to get through the whole evening without having to confund some Muggles.

"Thank goodness, we made it alive," I gasped when Sirius stopped outside the Wembley Arena. After sliding off the back of the motorcycle, I tried fixing my windblown hair. Sirius stared with a smirk as I ran my fingers through the black waves. "What?"

"I just think you're absolutely beautiful," Sirius shrugged. He tossed his head back and his hair handsomely framed his face. "Is it a crime for me to check out my girlfriend?"

"Not at all."

I chuckled and laced my fingers through the belt loops on his jeans. I sweetly kissed him and took his hand. My lips were still tingling. The effect he had on me would never get old.

Sirius was buzzing with nervous energy. I knew he loved the band Queen, but I didn't know he loved them that much. His hands were shaking as we handed in our tickets and he seemed distracted as we made our way to the front of the stadium.