CHAPTER 30 - HERE WE GO

चेहरे पर फिदा होना तो एक बहाना था

असली वजह तो आपका मुस्कुराना था

~•DHRUV's POV•~

"Dhruv,why are your eyes looking different? Are you fine? Didn't you sleep last night?" Jija asked, looking into my eyes while I was busy typing my chapter. 

"Maybe…using a laptop for so long" I replied wearing my specs. 

"O please, I know you. Tell me what happened? Geetanjali ke sath jhagda hua mere bhai ka" She asked, squeezing my cheeks as if I am a child who will get convinced hearing her lovely words. 

(My brother had any argument with Geetanjali)

"Wait, how do you know that I like Geetanjali?" I asked as soon as I realized how she knew it as I haven't given her any clue. 

"Your eyes. I saw you one day, busy admiring her photo on your phone, saying it has been so long, meet me soon blah blah blah" She informed,smiling ear to ear. 

I looked away and closed my laptop, raised and took my belongings.

"Where are you going, Dhruv? Sharma gaya kya? " I heard my jija teasing me behind while I climbed stairs to reach my room without answering and looking at her.

(Are you blushing?)

I reached my room and placed my laptop,specs and water bottle on my bed. I checked my phone to see whether she had gotten up or not. 

I tried sleeping last night but I failed when I gave myself all the reasons to sleep. 

I started making a plan in my mind to meet her. I sat on the chair and started to analyze all the possibilities in order to make the plan successful. 

I got distracted on hearing my phone and it was a video call from my best friends- Garv and Vihaan. I received it and placed it on my table. 

"Hi Garv and Vihaan" 

"Hello professor. Vihaan, don't  you think the admissions of the English department will reach the sky this academic year and the reason is our Dhruv" Garv started his usual talks. 

"You are right but do you think he will even look at other girls? I mean  I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say" Vihaan  said on purpose, smiling and I realized he is in Jaipur on noticing his room in the background. 

"Vihaan, stay away from Garv and rest, you know what I mean! " I looked at them and Garv gave a side eye. 

"Okay okay. Dhruv,  any plans to meet your Rainbow?" Garv asked, coughing on purpose. 

"Not yet. 27 months and still waiting" I answered with regret. 

"Dhruv, Garv told me that they were fixing engagement between Geet and Garv, is it true?" Vihaan asked.

I nodded and started speaking "My mumma wants Avantika as her daughter in law and my wife. She doesn't want Shaktawat sister no. 1 as she is elder by 1 year"