CHAPTER 44 - OUR INTENTIONS

GEET'S POV

“Dhruv, come here ”Jija called him, who was busy talking over his phone. 

She made him to stand near me , “You shouldn't go anywhere and you both have to wait near the car till I call you” saying this, I saw her going inside of the house and I noticed his house which had nameplate outside of the house “Deora's ”

My eyes fell on the decoration lights , which sparkled the whole house.  I noticed his sister coming towards us with a bright smile and I noticed him talking to his friends. 

The only person I am scared of is his mumma. She won't leave a chance to speak what lies in her heart no matter how much it can hurt the opposite person. 

We were asked to stand on the instructions and his mumma wearing a orange poshak, standing with a thali applied tilak on his forehead first and then she applied on my mod first. 

My hands were trembling  a little but still I tried to stay calm, not to reflect any kind of doubts on my face. She fed us gudd and the whole house was echoed with songs sung by ladies. 

I heard some ladies talking about my height - how he found the perfect bride to meet the height difference standard. 

I didn't want to hear them so I decided to be least bothered by their words. 

“Bindanisa” I heard his mumma asking me to do touch the kalash which was filled with rice for the griha pravesh. 

“Right wala”Shivu jija said and I touched,pushing the kalash little with my right foot so the rice can fall. 

They placed a plate of  water which had kumkum (vermilion)  so I can dip my feet in order to leave red footprints as soon as I entered his house.

He walked along with me while I could sense him watching me doing all the rituals. One of them placed seven plates in each of the seven different circles drawn on the floor. Every plate had a single roti. 

He will place his sword in the middle of it while his kakisa and I have to collect it one by one without making any sound out of it. This will be repeated seven times. 

I bent to hold the first plate along with her and he made sure to not remove the tip of the sword from the plate.

The rituals got over after 20 minutes of struggle and the reasons are my poshak, the ghoonghat and my low energy body. 

"Ab chalo mandir mai asshirwaad lene ”His mother directed us while other ladies joined us too. 

I never got a chance to see his house apart from a glimpse of his living room and temple when I visited during his sister's wedding .

To be honest, I don't even know what his room looks like after renovation because he never gave me a chance to ask for it. I only know about the corner due to his mirror selfie. 

We entered the inside of the temple to seek the blessings. The mod (painting on the wall which has symbols related to a wedding) was drawn on the wall which had our names along with the wedding date. We turned to touch the feet of his mumma and then all the elder ones who in return handed us shagun while his mumma and sister gifted me jewellery. 

After One Hour 

DHRUV'S POV 

She won't be sleeping tonight in the room but she will sleep in the temple along with my sister or any other ladies . I hope she had her dinner and I noticed her bags are yet to arrive in my room.