Chapter 9: Quit while you're A-Head

Tatsumi, Sayo, Ieyasu, Jin, and Jun were currently training with weapons outside and using multiple weapons to give them more experience. Sayo and Jun helped teach the gang how to fight with guns, and how to shoot, but Ieyasu, Tatsumi, and Jin were trainers in swordsmanship and martial arts.

Sayo: Ok. Now just stay calm, and locked on. Be patient.

Jin: But not too patient. The targets aren't waiting to get killed.

The gang started firing bullets at the dummies and Ieyasu shot underneath the dummy, Tatsumi shot it in the chest, and Jun shot the head.

Jin: Great job bro.

Jun: Thanks.

Najenda: Hello, Earthen Spirits.

Jin: Wait. Did my ears deceive me?

Jun: Someone calling us that instead of halfbreed?

Najenda: Yeah. I read a book on it. An old book, but you're called Earthen Spirits.

Both: Finally! Someone being respectful!

Najenda: Isaac has been calling you halfbreeds since you're half animal, half human. But they should call you that. It's not as insulting and it's actual terminology.

Jin: Mom would be glad to hear that.

Ieyasu: Are they a danger beast?

Najenda: Yes and No.

Sayo: Then wouldn't that be no?

Najenda: They're animal-esque humans with heightened and superhuman skills, similar to that of Danger Beasts.

Akame: Oh, uh, guys, what do you-

Suddenly, Akame sees Tatsumi shirtless, and starts to try and look away and so does Tatsumi.

Jin: Oh right. One of us needs to go and make breakfast. I'll do it.

Jun: Hold on. Are you sure? You could make those improvements to our bracelets and our watches. Like the tracking feature.

Jin: I'm doing that today.

Sayo: Could you tell us more about the Earthen Spirits, ma'am?

Ieyasu: Yeah! They're really interesting.

As the two friends of Tatsumi leave, Jin and Akame go to the kitchen and make croquettes and Leone comes up to Jun and hugs him.

Leone: There's my foxy friend! (Soon to be my lycan lover.)

Jun: Hey, uh, Leone, do you want to go on another coffee hangout? I had fun last time. You wanna do it again?

Leone: Yes!

Jun: Also, your Teigu. Do you know what Danger Beast it's from?

Leone: Haha! Nope!

Jun: Well, maybe if I can tap into my vision, and I'm gonna eat, so hopefully I can use it to find it. Nope. Nope. Cool! But no. *tiredly* No....no....found it! It's an Old Earthen Spirit! Dang. And you were able to activate it. Cool!

Leone: Wait. So, I'm like you?!

Jun: Yeah, baby!

Leone: Dang! So what, I'm like, immortal?

Jun: Yep. And super strong, fast, and durable. Just not invincible.

Jin: Time to eat.

They eat the food and although everyone was shocked at how good of a cook Jin was, Jun wasn't shocked.

Leone: How are you such a good cook?!

Jin: It's essentially science, but for food. That's not my specialty. Talk to Jun. He's good in fighting, social situations, and this. But that doesn't mean the other brother is inferior.