Chapter 20: Dis-Manta-Ling

Note: I changed Raymond's JVA to Nobunaga Shimazaki from his old JVA of Nobuhiko Okamoto.

Christian and his two test subjects, Price and Ubiquitous were inside their pods, and then they got the serum in them. But they were test serums. It was a base serum without any animal or danger beast DNA inside.

Christian: It's done. Stylish, open the pods.

He presses a few buttons, and both ex-dead fighters walk out. And Raymond came with a robotic left arm.

Seryu: Ready to dish out justice!

But Raymond begins maintenance on his arm, and tests out the capabilities.

He then extends it out and it crushes a desk.

Christian: Hey! That's filled with papers I haven't burned yet! *clears throat* Sorry. Now, I shall inject you with the power of an animal or Danger Beast. If we're lucky, it's both. Here.

They give each soldier a list of things to combine with. After a while, they choose which one.

Seryu: I will take the Snake! Hey that rhymed!

Raymond: Who?

Seryu: Snake and Take-

Raymond: Asked?

Seryu: Eh. We are kind of cranky when placed in here checkup pods. Anything for justice!

Raymond: Just hand me the scorpion power. Then I can use this arm as a backup stinger.

Christian: Of course. Now, there's also a side effect. You gain an element to fight with. It depends on the type of animal, but I believe Snake gets earth, and Scorpion gets poison. Give me a second to get their DNA extract.

They wait a bit, and soon, Christian comes back with two vials. He gets one, rubs a patch onto Seryu, and injects it into her, as she then goes into stages of agony.

Seryu: Ack.....AUGHHHHH! OWWWWW! IT HURTS...........wait now it doesn't.

Christian: It's a Snake Danger Beast. Esdeath has a normal animal, but since it's a Danger Beast, you get more skills than a regular animal. Snakes can already slither fast, shed skin, have a tail, and dig through dirt, but you have an extraordinary ability. Bone contorting. You're so flexible, you could pull off many acrobatic moves.

Seryu was amazed, then as a test, she performs a triple backflip, and lands with a handstand.

Seryu: Thank you, Dr. Chester!

Shepherd: It's Shepherd, not Chester. Price. Now you.

Price pulls up his arm, gets the shot, and goes through the same painful yet short process. He then has his human hand turn into a pincer, and he gains a tail.