Chapter 40: Esdeath x Jin

Esdeath was currently training in the Hidden Resistance's training room in hopes of beating Jin. She knew she was a weak woman compared to Jin and Jun and some of Night Raid. So she trained around every day, but also made sure to be kind to her soldiers so she could amass trust and respect to an army. Najenda, Haruki, Pedro, Mia, Kelly, Skye, Sophia, and Declan all had respect and trust, and Narita was working on his, and she did all she could today, so she just trained. Until Jin showed up again.

Jin: Hi Esdeath.

Esdeath: Jin. Just the man I wanted to-

Jin: I am not a man. I am a Spirit.

Esdeath: Sorry. I was hoping you could show me another fight.

Jin: Sure. But no holding back even though you're a woman. Equal rights, equal fights.

Esdeath: Not any other way.

Jin pulls out his claws and Esdeath fires ice shards right at Jin. But the werewolf boy uses his claws to project them at the shards and slice them all in half while they flew right towards Esdeath. She had to make an ice shield, to block them all.

Esdeath: Projectiles?

Jin: I have the energy and all.

He shoots a fireball to melt the ice and Esdeath uses the smoke to her advantage once it covers the room. However, Jin had good senses, and Esdeath's speed was unlike his. It was slower than Jin.

Jin: Too slow.

He flings a spear and it hits Esdeath in the stomach. Jin then sweeps her legs and uses the dull part of his claws to smack her into the wall. Then, he blasts toxic fumes at her to make her go to sleep. Yet for some reason, she just wouldn't go to sleep.

Jin: Esdeath? Why aren't you asleep?

Esdeath: I am not a weak human, Jin. I am not like many of the normal soldiers or targets you attack on the daily.

Jin: And I'm not your typical choice for thrill seeking.

Esdeath then uses his rapier to attack the werewolf. But he clashes his claws to her rapier and uses one to guard. With one open hand, he stabs her by the clothes and pins her to the wall without killing her. Then he sprays a larger toxin onto Esdeath to weaken her.

Jin: And?

Esdeath: ......You........win.......

Jin: Your type is always going to fight to the end, aren't you?

Esdeath: It's only natural selection........strong......over weak.

Jin: Let me heal you.

He heals up Esdeath by draining her toxins and dusts her clothes off a bit.

Jin: Anyway, you should also see where the laboratory is. Your Jaeger Brand Watches are like our blue watches. Your group should know how to fix them since us and the Jaegers are both the only ones with this watch.

Esdeath: Ok.

====================
==========

Once they get to the laboratory, Esdeath looks around and was impressed by Jin's setup. The only scientist she knew was Dr. Stylish, who Night Raid killed a long time ago.

Esdeath: Do you remember Dr. Stylish?

Jin: Yeah, we slashed him, why?

Esdeath: He owned a lab like this. But you seemed to have yours cleaner.

Jin: Well, I'm no sloppy person. I actually keep my place organized, unlike humans who think they'll clean it later, but it never comes. Anyway, your watch got a bit damaged in the fight and your rapier got chipped. Me and Jun keep equipment for such things.