actually... you kinda are...

"Ellie!!! Come down here please."

"Alright mom, I'll be down in a minute!" I called down while I hurried to finish getting dressed.

It's finally summer and I just graduated high school, although most people my age are getting ready to start college in a few months, I've decided to go a different route and travel for a few months before starting school. I've always wanted to travel so some friends and I have decided to take a few months off and see the world, or at least parts of it. I thought my parents were going to give me a hard time about not starting school right away, but they were actually really supportive and understanding.

As I entered the living room I could hear my parent's whispering and they had very serious looks on their faces.

Oh no, this can't be good.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I asked letting them know I was in the room

"Hey, sweetie, your dad and I have something to tell you." Mom tried to smile but I could tell it was fake.

"Okay, go ahead, I have to meet up with Izzy and Zoë in a few minutes, so what's up?"

"Well..." my father started, he was really starting to make me nervous with the way he was hesitating,

"Oh no, please don't tell me you decided that traveling isn't the best route for me right now, I thought we had already agreed..."

"No Sweetheart, it's not that." Mom interrupted me

"Okay, what's going on? I have a feeling I'm really not going to like this." I said chewing on my thumbnail

"Do you remember Aaron Garcia? My old College buddy." Dad asked catching me totally off guard.

"Umm... sure, but what does he have to do with me?" I wondered aloud,

"Well a few months after you were born Aaron and I were talking and I was telling him about how I hoped that I could give you the best life possible and how it was going to be hard to keep guys away from you when you got older, and how I didn't want you to end up with someone who wouldn't be able to provide for you." Dad rambled only causing me more confusion

"Okay, but I still don't get it, why are you telling me this now? It's not like I'm engaged or anything, you have nothing to worry about." My brows furrowed in confusion.

Dad had nothing to worry about, I didn't have a boyfriend and I was going to be able to provide for myself once I finished school.

"Actually sweetheart, you kind of are... engaged." Mom said with a huge smile on her face

"Umm... no, I'm not, I don't even have a boyfriend, how could I possibly be engaged?" I asked feeling panic rise up inside me

"Well, you see after I told Aaron how I was feeling he jokingly suggested that we arrange a marriage between you and his son who is a few years older than you. At first, we were just joking around but as time went on it started to sound like a good idea." He said looking a bit sheepish

"How does an arranged marriage sound like a good idea dad?!?" I shrieked.

How does an arranged marriage to someone I don't even know sound like a good idea? He could be a player or a total loser! What if he's a jerk and we can't even get along? What if...

"Eliana, I only want what's best for you!" dad responded interrupting my train of thought

Snapping out of my thoughts I couldn't help but feel conflicted, of course, I knew my dad wouldn't do anything he didn't believe was in my best interest and I didn't want to come off as a spoiled brat, but at the same time, I couldn't believe this was happening.

"How can an arranged marriage be best for me dad? You can't arrange who I love! Is a loveless marriage to a complete stranger REALLY what's best for me!?!" I argued, standing up and pacing back and forth.

Seriously I've never even been allowed to have a boyfriend, how am I going to have a husband! I guess this explains why they would always object to me having a boyfriend when the topic would come up.

"Eliana Jade Alvarez, do not talk to me like that! I am still your father, now sit down and let me explain this to you!" dad yelled back clearly feeling like he needed to take control.

As I took a seat I looked at my parents, dad looked hurt and mom had tears in her eyes. I didn't like upsetting them and I didn't mean to yell at my dad but how can he possibly believe this is what's best for me.

"Ellie, with you marrying Noah your mother and I will know that you are being taken care of and that you will be provided with everything you've ever desired or will desire. I never want you to have to struggle or want for anything, and with Noah, you will be taken care of. Plus Noah comes from money, so I won't have to worry about his reason for being with you." dad explained getting teary eyed.

"What does that me?" I asked confused.

"When I retire or if something ever happens to me, my company and money get split between you and your brother, by the time you're twenty-five you'll get your inheritance. How are you going to be able to know if a guy is with you for you or your money?"

I completely understand where he's coming from, but didn't he ever stop to think that maybe all my heart would desire is love or that I had enough sense to be able to figure out if a guy was just using me. Money will never be able to buy me, love, at least not REAL love.

"I understand where you're coming from, but what if all I desire is for someone to love me? You know you can NOT arrange love, so the one thing I desire most will never be mine." I tell my parents standing up and heading up to my room.

"Ellie..." my dad calls stopping me from going up the stairs and to my room where I can be alone to process all this new information

I stop with one foot on the staircase waiting for him to continue, I don't want to turn around and show them the tears that have started running down my cheeks. I know he thought what he did was best for me, but parents don't always know what's best. I can see he's having a hard time telling me and I don't want to make it harder but this is unbelievable.

"Sweetheart I know you're hurt and angry with me right now, but this is going to work out for the best, I know it. I can't go back and change this now. They're going to be here tonight for dinner so you can be introduced to your fiancé." Dad informs me

"Okay." That's the only thing I manage to get out of my mouth before bolting up the stairs and into my room to cry my eyes out.

***********************************************

Hey guys!!

I know this isn't the best but it's just getting started. I promise as the story progresses it will get better. I hope you enjoyed this and you continue reading Arranged love. Comment and Vote please!!!!!! Let me know any suggestions you might have that can help make this story and/or my writing better.

I'll update again soon... PROMISE!!!!

********DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!*********

THANKS!

xoxoxo Sam