Back to Texas

Dedicated this to Gumdrop_Soda for making you wait so long for an update :-)

**** Ellie's P.O.V****

As I begin to wake up I hear my phone ringing non stop and automatically try turning to the alarm to check the time but it's only 6 in the morning. As I try to get up to look for my phone I feel someone's arm wrapped around me, I turn around trying to make out who it is when I see Noah sleeping peacefully next to me. I gently lift his arm and slip out from under it and look for my phone.

As my phone goes off again I recognize my moms ringer and begin to worry, it's 5 in the morning in Texas and the only reason she would call me this early is for an emergency.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I say, when I finally find my phone in my purse.

"Ellie's, baby it's bad." My mom says, and I can hear that she's been crying.

"What is it, what happens?" I ask, panic beginning to take over

"It's your dad, he went out last night and was on his way home when he hit a wall, he's in the hospital but they're not sure if he's gonna make it." She say as she begins to sob into the phone.

I don't know why, but ever since my sophomore year my dad started drinking every weekend and would come home extremely drink. How he made it home alive I'll never know, but his behavior put a strain on my parents relationship.

"I'll be there as soon as I can, I promise. I'll call as soon as I find out what time i'm flying out. What hospital is he at?" I ask as I begin to feel tears running down my cheeks.

"He's at University hospital."

"Okay, I'll talk to you soon, let me know if they tell you anything new."

I pace back and forth wondering if I should wake Noah or just text him when I get home. When I turn back to the bed Noah is sitting up in bed just watching me, until he see that i've been crying.

"Ellie's, what's wrong" He ask as he comes to hug me

I hold on to Noah like my life depends on it and break down.

I didn't want him to know about what's going on with my family, I have been praying that my dad would go back to being the way he used to be.

"Ellie's, what's going on?" He asked, concern clear in his voice

"My dad was in an accident and they don't know of he's going to make it." I tell him as I try to get myself together.

"What happened?"

" Can I tell you on the way there, I really want to get to my mom as soon as possible. I don't want her to have to deal with this on her own." I say as I head for my room to pack and book the flight.

"You want me to go with you?" Noah asks surprised

I had assumed that he would want to be there, but I have to remember that I'm not anything to him and he probably has things he needs to do here since he just got back.

"No it's fine, you should probably stay here." I say as I open the door to my room.

"No Ellie's, that's not how I meant it. I would love to be there for you and your mom, I was just surprised you wanted me to come. Look go pack and I'll get us a flight out."

"Thank you." I whisper as I give him a hug.

I don't know if I could handle this by myself, all of my friends are on vacation for summer. I needed to go back to be strong for my mom but I know i'm going to need someone to be there for me as well, and i'm hoping Noah will be that someone.