Party

Alex and Gabe had been outside with the guys when Zoe and I had gone back outside. 

“Where’s Vince?” Gabe asked 

“Getting dressed, he should be out soon.” I shrugged as I walked past Noah to sit in the empty seat next to him 

Before I could sit down Noah wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me onto his lap, I could feel everyone’s eyes on us since this wasn’t something they were used to seeing me do, I was never one to so a lot of PDA, it just wasn’t something I did. 

I smiled kissing Noah’s cheek and making myself comfortable on him, it was a little awkward with everyone watching but he is my fiancé and it felt nice to be wrapped in his arms. 

“Who are you and where’s Ellie?” Luke asked with a slight chuckle 

“Oh shut it.” I smiled leaned into Noah 

Once the initial shock of seeing me like this with a guy wore off everyone went back to making small talk and waiting for Vince. 

“Is the food ready? I’m starving.” Vince said walking out of the house 

“It’s about damn time you get up, I was about to start eating without you, I don’t care if it is your birthday.” Chase grumbles as he stood up to grab some food 

Everyone followed after him while I stayed where I was waiting until almost everyone was sitting down to get up and get Noah and I food. 

While we all ate the conversation flowed and it was nice to have all our friends together and see everyone enjoying themselves. Once we were done eating the girls and I cleaned up while the guys stayed outside hanging out, we were just finishing up when Chase came in and went to his room, a few minutes later he came back with his guitar and grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me back out with him. 

“What are you doing?” I chuckled following behind him 

“I haven’t heard you sing since my party before you left for New York, that’s about to change.” He replied once we were outside 

He sat down in his chair and started strumming and making sure it was in tune, I sat back on Noah’s lap since the girls had followed us out and there weren’t any empty chairs left, once he was finished he played a few chords trying to decide what song to play while everyone just sat and listened waiting for him to decide. 

He started playing the American Honey by Lady antebellum and I closed my eyes and listened waiting to starting singing the first verse with him joining me in the chorus, I continued singing the song with my eyes closed and forgetting the world around me while I let the music take over, I hadn’t realized how much I missed singing until now. Chase and I would usually do this when ever we got together with friends and family and I loved it because I got to just let myself get lost in whatever song we were singing. 

When the song came to an end I opened my eyes to see everyone grinning at me. 

“What?” I asked feeling self conscience 

“You have an amazing voice, you should sing more often.” Noah leaned up to whisper in my ear making shivers run through me

“Thanks.” I blushed turning to give him a small smile 

The rest of the afternoon went pretty much the same with Chase singing a few songs while I joined him during some while everyone else listened and talked amongst themselves. 

“As much as I love spending time with you guys everyone we invited last nigh should be showing up soon and I still need to get dressed so I’ll see you later.” Vince said standing up