Christmas Eve

It's Christmas eve and I am now five months pregnant and things are finally going good with both my pregnancy and my relationship with Noah. I am currently spending time with Lisa and Sofi at their house. 

"So have you and Noah thought anymore about getting married?" Lisa asked with a hopeful expression 

"No, we're just enjoying finally being together without any added pressure." 

"You still want to wait to take that step?" Sofi asked 

"Definitely, I mean I know we're in a good place right now and I'm praying things  stay like this but we're still getting in the swing of things so I want to give it more time, plus with the baby coming I don't think I would have the energy to get through our wedding until after the baby gets here." I explained 

"Plus knowing Noah he won't let you do anything to get ready for the wedding until you have the baby, he's way overprotective of you." Sofi chuckled 

"He's just trying to take care of us." I smile rubbing my belly 

We spent a few more hours hanging out and talking about random things until Sofi suggested we head home to get ready for tonight. We had all agreed to spend the night at Lisa and Aaron's since they had enough rooms for everyone and that way we wouldn't have to split our time between my family and Noah's. 

To say that traffic was bad would be an understatement, I guess everyone was doing last minute shopping and going to visit family. By the time I got home I was just thankful we made it in one piece, I swear some people just don't know how to drive. 

"Noah?" I called walking into the house 

We had decorated for Christmas both the outside and in and I absolutely loved coming home and seeing all the decorations up, this was definitely my favorite time of the year. 

"Up here!" Noah responded 

I hung my  coat in the hallway closet and left my keys and purse on the table before heading up the stairs. 

Noah had just closed the door to the baby's room behind him when I reached the top of the stairs. As much as he denied it I knew he was getting her room done and didn't want me to see it yet, I was so tempted to sneak a peak but I knew he wanted it to be a surprise so I was trying my best to stay away from there. We had gone shopping for everything a few weeks ago and my parents ended up getting us the crib and bedding I had told my mom I wanted while his parents got us the dresser and glider and Noah and I had gone and bought the curtains, car seat and stroller.  

I know I probably should have waited until after my baby shower to buy whatever was left that I needed but I didn't really feel comfortable asking my friends to buy us any of the big stuff so we had bought that and put everything else on the registry and figured we'd buy whatever we didn't get. 

"What were you doing in there?" I ask already knowing he isn't going to tell me 

He shook his head with a smirk on his face as he wrapped his arms around my waist and bent down to give me a kiss. 

"Did you have a good time with my mom and Sof?" He asked once we had pulled apart 

"Of course, but Sof and I decided it was time to head home to get ready for tonight." 

"What time do we have to be at the church?" He asked taking his phone out to look at the time 

"The service starts at seven so we have to leave here around six fifteen just to be sure we get there in time." 

"We still have a good three hours until then, have you eaten?" He asked 

"Earlier." I nodded