I miss him💔

Guys this update is not a part of the story but I just felt to write. Consider it as a oneshot! And next update will ve determined by the votes and comments of this chapter

In the fragrant chamber of Kunti's youngest son, the air carried the scent of both medicine and smoke. Enclosed by four walls of drapery, the youthful king grappled with a fever that even the most skilled physicians couldn't subdue. Ironically, the occupant of the sickbed was the renowned healer of the entire Aryan realm, now in need of healing himself. While physical ailments may succumb to medicinal remedies, what if the affliction stems from a mental malaise? In such cases, the efficacy of medicine falters, and only a resilient spirit can yield optimal results.

A year has elapsed since the tumultuous events of Kurukshetra, and Sahadev, the youngest Pandava, mourns the loss of his beloved son. The grief has taken a toll on his well-being, leading to a state of serious illness. In this trying time, his brothers are fraught with concern for their youngest sibling. The youngest, once filled with vitality, now lies unwell, and his kin anxiously await signs of recovery.

Panchali attentively served each of the brothers, her gaze lingering on the vacant spot where Sahadev once sat. A deep sigh escaped her, accompanied by a solitary tear tracing its path down her cheek. Bhima, the second brother, inquired, 'Did Sahadev eat?' Panchali shook her head negatively. 'Not a morsel this month; Vijaya and Suhotra are trying to persuade him,' she replied. Arjuna, struggling to hold back tears, reflected, 'Being the youngest, he showered unparalleled love on his two sons. Sena's departure has left his spirit shattered.' The demise of the Upapandavas undeniably devastated the Pandavas, yet Sahadev, the expressive and cherished youngest, refused to mask his grief.

As she served food, wiping away her tears, it pained Panchali to witness her beloved husband in such a state. Sahadev, the most adored by Kunti and Draupadi, received special affection. Though Draupadi loved all her spouses equally, there was an undeniable tenderness towards Sahadev. This preference once sparked jealousy among the others, but now they understood – Sahadev needed her more than any of them.

In the face of challenges and hardships, the presence of our loved ones transforms the struggles into yet another journey of love. Sahadev, amidst his trials, constantly sought Panchali, ensuring she remained within his gaze. Like a devoted child, he would lie on her lap, mourning Sen all day. Despite being the mother of the boys, Panchali's pain was profound, yet she found strength for her husband.

Now, Panchali approached the task of serving food to her other husbands, using it as an excuse to provide for Sen. Sahadev, trapped in hallucinations, refused to accept Sen's passing. His incessant queries about Sen's well-being, sleep, and even finding a bride for him shattered Panchali, reducing her to tears. Vijaya, unable to console them, shared in the grief, as Sena's death affected her deeply, akin to losing her own son.

Summoned by Sumitra, who gasped for breath, Kunti and Draupadi, attempting to control their tears, responded to Sahadev's refusal to eat, an act that involved throwing food at  Suhotra, Vijaya's lad. The scene unfolded with Draupadi breaking into tears while Kunti, though visibly emotional, handed water to a breathless Sumitra.

'Whose deity shall I entreat? My husband's grasp is slipping, Mahadev, show mercy, have pity,' she lamented. Nakul tenderly lowered himself, enfolding her in his arms, 'My Panchali, calm yourself, he will recover,' he consoled, battling his own tears.

The aroma of incense and remedies overwhelmed the maids, the sheer multitude of medicines the youngest Pandava consumed proving nauseating. 'Arya, have some, even just a sip of water. How long can you go without eating?' Vijaya urged, Suhotra holding a plate laden with Sahadeva's favorite foods. 'Listen, Vijaya, Panchali went to feed Sena; he was practicing all day. Let him eat, and I'll join her after checking on Sena,' he assured. Vijaya's eyes welled with tears, reminiscing about Sen, the darling who wouldn't eat or sleep without his mother. He was cherished by all the Pandava wives.

Overwhelmed, she broke down, and even Suhotra couldn't hold back tears. 'Sena is so adamant about his meals. That's why I send Panchali; he eats better for her,' he choked with tears, cradling his son's shawl close. 'Father, look, I made all your favorites. Please taste them. Ma Panchali said they were good. Let me hear your thoughts,' Suhotra pleaded, attempting to persuade his father.

Gently, Sumitra enveloped the weeping Vijaya. She comprehended the ache for Sena, the yearning for the Upapandavas. In her comforting embrace, Vijaya collapsed. "Father, Brother Sena is gone. Acknowledge it, Father, please," Suhotra implored, tears soaking Sahadeva's chest, who abandoned his meal. Sahadeva, enraged, rebuked him sharply,throwing the food"Prince, mind your words. Don't utter such things about that lively lad peacefully enjoying his food." The force of his outburst rattled Suhotra.

Vijaya and Sumitra, flanking Sahadeva, sought to soothe him. "Father, please gather yourself, please, calm down," Sumitra pleaded. "Arya, relax, calm down, Arya. Oh, Mahadev, what trial is this?" Vijaya exclaimed. In his distress, Suhotra exited the room, tears streaming. Kunti and Draupadi rushed in, sensing the turmoil. Panchali, observing Suhotra's tear-streaked departure, cried out, "Suhotra, my son?" and darted after him, unwilling to let her son face such a moment alone.

Sahadeva struggled for breath, gasping desperately. Kunti, overcome with worry, shouted his name, enfolding him tightly in her arms, tenderly running her fingers through his hair. She fervently prayed, "Oh, Mahadev, shield my son. Breathe, Sahadev, my brave child, just breathe," as she comforted him.

Suhotra wept, huddled in anguish. A gentle touch on his shoulder revealed his beloved Ma Panchali. Folding him in her embrace, she soothed him by stroking his hair and planting a kiss on his forehead. Reminiscing, she teased, "Your brother Sen wouldn't want to see you cry. Remember how he'd skip meals if Vijaya scolded you?" Her words coaxed a chuckle through his tears. In a choked voice, he expressed, "Did Bhrata Sen truly love us, Ma? Sumitra and I loved him immensely." Wiping away his tears, she reassured, "I know, my son. You both held a special place in his heart. Don't let your father's words affect you; he's deeply impacted." He weakly smiled, "I understand, Ma. Pita loved us all. It's just strange to see him angry; he was always so composed." He continued, "I love him, and I love you, Ma." Panchali, embracing him, whispered, "Oh, Mahadev, my brave son."

Meanwhile, a distant star twinkled, witnessing the profound connection between mother and son. Reflecting on cherished moments, it sighed, "I miss you, Ma. I wish I could hold you close."

So many events which happened lately in my life inspired me to write this. One of my family friend lost her son in an accident, I was just deeply moved by the pain of that mother loosing her son. She still serves a plate of food for her son thinking he is alive, its just so heartbreaking witnessing them. She still waits for her son to come home.Sorry to steal your time again!.