The letter~

The messenger, with a symphony of audity in the air, presented a scroll in the court of King Yudhishthira.

"Greetings to the King, embodiment of Vedanta, My brother, the foundation of all proofs and Sastras. Hail Mahadev! Salutations to the noble conduct of my brave brothers, equals to the universe-bodied Lord Mahadev in strength and intelligence. My salutations, my brothers. Greetings for Krishnaa, Ambika in strength, and the courageous mother of Pandu's grandsons. Accept my regards. This letter informs you that a portion of Dwaraka's finest soldiers is at King Yudhishthira's service. As the general in battle and guardian of cultural heritage, I propose Krishnaa to take charge. This submission is made with honesty and care. Thanking you, Hail Mahadev."

Yudhishthira's expression mirrored both confusion and boundless joy. "My valiant companions, does this decision find favor with you? Shall we proceed to declare Queen Draupadi as the tribe's general?" Yudhishthira inquired. The court engaged in a spirited discussion, exchanging thoughts among themselves. Draupadi, seated beside Yudhishthira, cast a helpless glance at her husband. He chuckled and clasped her hands tenderly. Arjun's proud gaze transformed into a stern look, observing the entwined hands of the king and queen, laden with affectionate glances. "How long will this discussion endure? The Sabha time is stretching; we have numerous tasks ahead," he declared, rising and interrupting the tender moment between the king and queen.

Yudhishthira observed his brother, who was more like a son, sensing an unusual air about him. "Hey Mahadev, Prince Arjun, maintain your composure," Yudhishthira's gentle yet firm voice prompted Arjun to bow his head slightly. "As you wish, my valiant leader," Arjun replied, settling into his seat. "Hail Mahadev," Yudhishthira exclaimed.

The minister, rising with reverence, turned towards the seated king and queen, proclaiming, "In our view, there is no one more fitting for the responsibility than the courageous mother of our nation, Drupad Kanya. It is an honor to embrace her leadership. However, we must also consider the opinions of the soldiers; it's our shared concern." Anuvindha, the chief of the Yadava soldiers, added, "For a brave Ambika to be our guide, what else can be defined as our fortune?" The room resounded with applause and cheers.

"Behold! As the sovereign and paternal figure of the nation, I proclaim Drupada's daughter as the tribe's general," Yudhishthira declared in his resounding voice. "Hail Mahadev! Hail the daughter of Drupada, Hail the beloved of Pandavas, Hail Mahadev!" resounded the enthusiastic cheers.

"Now, Sabha, disperse," Yudhishthira declared as the courtiers departed. Only the Pandavas and their beloved remained, providing Nakul with the perfect pretext to envelop her in his arms. "Congratulations, my lady. I couldn't be prouder," he expressed. Arjun couldn't bear it. How could this lad be so audacious?

Arjun forcefully restrained Nakul, who shot him an intense glare. "What's the matter?" Arjun retorted sharply. "Do you plan to crush my daughter and wife?" he inquired, motivated by both protective fatherly instincts and possessiveness as a husband.

"See," Sahadev pointed towards Yudhishthira and Draupadi, entwined in each other's arms. "Isn't this what I did too?" Nakul remarked. Arjun couldn't physically pull back his elder brother, but the fierce man within him roared. Draupadi hugged Bhim, Sahadev, and finally turned to him.

"Won't you congratulate me?" she queried. Arjun enveloped her in his arms, whispering, "I'll congratulate you privately, in our private chamber ," his words sending shivers down her spine. She might have nearly fainted if Arjun hadn't held her so closely.

"But, don't exert yourself unnecessarily, Priya," Bhim advised, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "That's precisely my concern as well," Nakul added, naturally worried since it involved his wife and child.

"Now that Panchali is the army general, she'll work alongside me as I lead the forces of Indraprastha. I'll ensure the well-being of her and our child," Arjun assured. "Jyesht, Dwaraka's soldiers are among the finest on Earth. Since we're deploying Indraprastha's troops for various campaigns to enhance their skills, why not allow Dwaraka's men to participate as well?" Arjun proposed, seizing the opportunity to have Draupadi exclusively by his side.

"But Draupadi can't embark on a journey in this condition, can she?" Nakul quickly countered. "She's fit for travel; we're both aware of it. It's just that you can't bear to let her out of your sight, isn't it, my Nakul?" teased Sahadev. "Who's talking? When she was pregnant with Sen, you nearly confined her to your chamber," Nakul taunted in return.

"Enough, both of you. And Arjun, if duty calls, you can take her along, but it must be clearly official. If not, let her remain under our watchful eyes," Yudhishthira advised, prompting the brothers to nod. "Indeed, she's no less than a child," Sahadev remarked, eliciting chuckles from the brothers. Seemingly, the Queen appeared lost.

"What's the matter, my love?" Yudhishthira inquired, placing his hand on Draupadi's shoulder. "Govind is insinuating something," she replied. "What do you mean?" Bhim questioned. "Out of the blue, he's appointing me as the general of his army. I sense he's hinting that something is on the horizon, and he wants me to take charge," she explained. "I also sensed something suspicious. Regardless, keep a vigilant eye on the soldiers, and take care, my dear," Sahadev advised, prompting her to nod.

The entrance gracefully opened, and Suthanu, who mastered the art of walking on her own, took small, determined steps toward Yudhishthira. "Pita Pita," she softly uttered. Yudhishthira, overwhelmed with paternal warmth, embraced her, planting affectionate kisses on her cheeks and forehead. "My princess," he expressed with love. Dhatriyika respectfully explained, "Forgive me, King and Queen; our princess couldn't contain her eagerness to be with her father." Yudhishthira, surprising everyone, generously declared, "If my princess desires my presence, bring her to me, Devi Dhatriyika, without hesitation." It was a stark contrast to his previous insistence on an uninterrupted Sabha. Indeed, daughters have a way of swiftly transforming their fathers' hearts.

Envy tinged Sahadev's heart as he lacked a daughter of his own, despite wholeheartedly loving Suthanu. Nakul cast an affectionate glance at Draupadi's abdomen, eagerly anticipating the joy of indulging his future little princess. Arjun, with tears in his eyes, pondered the absence of a daughter in his family of sons, especially considering his elder brothers were blessed with daughters. The notion of being the father to the children of the most stunning woman in the entire cosmos stirred his emotions.

"Suthanu, my beautiful daughter, come here," Draupadi beckoned, opening her arms, and Suthanu joyfully leaped into her embrace, uttering, "Ma Ma." Draupadi tenderly kissed Suthanu's locks, suggesting, "Let's share a meal, my lioness; don't forget to call your Pita too." Suthanu's adorable tone saying "pitaa Pita" elicited chuckles from everyone. Yudhishthira and Draupadi gracefully moved forward to nourish their beloved daughter.

——————————————————

"Anasuya, my dearest Sakhi?" Subhadra enveloped Anasuya in a warm embrace. Anasuya, teasingly, remarked, "How are you, Subhadra? Did it take you an eternity to remember you have a friend like me?" Subhadra dismissed the banter, urging her to behold her son in the cradle, to which Anasuya responded, "He is your exact replica," planting kisses on his cheeks.

Curious about Ajamukhi, Anasuya inquired, "How is mother Ajamukhi?" to which Subhadra replied, "She is well and thriving." An interruption came from a soldier, announcing the imminent arrival of Prince Iravan, Prince Babruvahana, along with Queens Uloopi and Chitrangada. Subhadra, moved to tears, exclaimed, "Hail Mahadev! My brave sons and their mothers—prepare the grandest arrangements for their arrival!"

Turning to Anasuya, Subhadra requested, "Let me convey this to Agraja Draupadi; I'll be back shortly." With that, Subhadra hurriedly left the chamber.

Anasuya smirked.

" The elder lions are back - Prince Iravan and Babruvahana- the brave sons of Draupadi, Let me see - How you both pay homage to your Mother Draupadi'