Prologue

A A R A N

A A R A N

Age Twenty Six

Albania

My life is like an Ocean. Deep and so dark.
Travelling was fun for me until I got anxious to meet her. She cheered me every time I had to travel to another country for business, but this time, I didn't want to go back to her.

Anna: I still feel like she's here with me. T-trying to talk to me. I can't take it anymore.
She stuttered, but this time my heart didn't shrink thinking about her face covered in tears.

Me: Don't think too much. I will be ba-
She cuts me off.

Anna: Your work was important, get out of that hell Aaran before it's too late for you to step out of that mud pool.
I didn't utter a word, putting the cigarette back into the box.

Me: I will be back tomorrow, until then take care of yourself.

Anna: Aaran- I have something to tell you.
I want to know Anna, tell me everything but that doesn't matter now. It's too late. She gulped.

Me: I am all ears, tell me.

Anna: Forget it, I will let you know when you meet me tomorrow. I am waiting for you to be by my side.

Me: I am always by your side.

Anna: I am going to call Mom, and watch some good movies.
She paused.

Me: Sure, I am hanging up now.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Joe, the pilot of my chopper.

Me: We will fly back to Russia today at any cost.
Anna, my wife is definitely up to something and this isn't good so even if I don't want to go back, I have to go back to her.

12 HOURS LATER
My heart trumps like it did when I first saw Anna, in her garden, she giggled that day stuffing her mouth with strawberries and that moment I liked her, I got attracted to her. She loves strawberries, and I decided to get strawberries and her favorite white lilies for her on my way back home.

I landed in Russia 20 minutes ago. "Pack them please." the shopkeeper smiled, the wrinkles around his eyes covered the area. In 10 minutes I will be with her. "Here." The old man handed me the packet of strawberries.

I parked the car in the parking lot. We live in an apartment. We planned to shift to Australia and our house is under construction. We have a bungalow in Italy, but due to some personal reasons and since Anna's parents need her, we decided to spend 4 months here. 2 more months to go, and then we will shift to Australia, a new house, a new place the only thing that won't change is her lies.