38.

The next chapter is available on ScrollStack (link in conversation board and Instagram story)

Play: Preet or your favourite emotional song.

A A R A N

A A R A N

Past
Age: Ten

I was given the title of his favourite child. Uncle's own child is jealous of me—jealous, why? I can't even hold this weapon correctly. I am good for nothing. I feel scared to sleep alone at night, but my uncle still says that I am his favourite Kid.

Then why does he harm me?

Why does he punish me?

Ahir is my favourite, but I can never think about harming him, so why does Uncle harm me?

The weather is warm, the sun is right above our heads, but the roof is protecting us from hot waves. My hand hurts by holding this rifle, but if I stop, uncle would get mad, and then he will force me to spend the night in that dirty, stinky room until I pass out because of fear. Yet, he claims I am his favourite. Why am I repeating this? Is it to remind myself that I am his favourite child?

I guess no, he is lying. Grandmother said, Ghosts are scary, but why didn't she inform me that her son is also scary?

I feel as if there are a lot of ghosts around me and I feel scared, these tears slip down my eyes every time I feel Papa should be here—for me, but he isn't?

What if an insect sits on my head? I can't even sleep in that room, it feels as if the worms will eat me alive and then Mum will cry again. I don't want that.

I scrunch my nose, and inhale taking in the water that was about to come out from my nose in and close my left eye, my right eye is focused on the target. “Fire.” The man screamed and I pressed the trigger. The force was so strong that I lost my balance and fell on the ground. The rifle lies on the ground like me.

My butt hurts, and I put my palm on the ground, looked at the floor and took a breath because it's tougher than it looks. I tried to stand when a strong wave of pain hit me on my shoulder and I dropped on the ground again.

Shit! An unfamiliar feeling hits me, as if something worse is about to happen, and soon a strong wave of pain hits my shoulder.

My shoulder. It hurts. I gripped my shoulder, and it hurts like I am going to die. The more I try to move my hand, the more painful it gets. A cry left my mouth and this time I couldn't control my tears, I let them flow even after knowing that if Uncle sees these tears, he will throw me into that dark room.