9.

Chapter 10 and 11 are already updated on ScrollStack. The link is available on my conversation board and on my Instagram story.

(Don't forget to read the spoiler at the end of this chapter)

R A N V I 

"He can't know about Aditi. N-no." I whisper yell as I try to enter the pin to my apartment's door but fail. My palms turned sweaty, and my breaths turned heavy every time the security of my flat declined the pin.

I didn't call Killian to pick me up and took a cab that dropped me right in front of my apartment building. The girl opposite my apartment glares at me, but I don't look at her, the only thing I feel is her gaze. As if she is saying that I am responsible for Aditi's condition, but I am not. Those mysterious black shoes are responsible.

I will find you.

I will kill you.

Pulling out the card from my purse, I punched the card and the door opened with a beep. I stormed inside the apartment, only to be welcomed by the darkness. The only source of light is from the bulb that turns on after it senses my presence.

My breaths heaved as I took hurried steps towards my room, dropping my handbag on the floor and carrying less of my belongings that rolled out of my handbag.

I pulled the blanket and covered myself until my chin and looked at the ceiling, recalling his bitter but true words.

I could still feel everything that happened an hour ago. How my limbs turned to stone and how everything blurred as the past flashed in front of me.

Our cruel past.

That dark night.

Those mysterious black shoes.

And the silent screams.

The time when Aaran was choking me, I didn't lift my hand to defend myself, as if I had forgotten everything until his words made me land back, and I realized that he would kill me.

It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't scared of Aaran, I was, but not more than the guilt that eats me every day and the fear of the monster. The monster who looks at me afar and smiles at me, and my voice ends up inside me.

"You made her nothing but a ghost."

Aaran's words were harsh like winter and I know he wanted to trigger me and he did. But I am not responsible for my sister's condition, I didn't do anything. Why can't they believe me? They need to know that it was those black shoes and not me.