31.

Next chapter is available on ScrollStack. Link in conversation board and Instagram story (talethatneverends)

 Link in conversation board and Instagram story (talethatneverends)

R A N V I

She died. My childhood friend Anna didn't die by committing suicide, but she was killed. How can someone be so cruel as to kill someone when she is having a life in her womb? What was the mistake of that child? Forget the pregnancy part, how can someone snatch another's life?

Life is cruel. Very cruel, when I realised that Anna was Alice, I was sad because no way I wanted to know about her like this. I mean the way she committed suicide or more like how it was shown that she committed suicide, but Anna didn't want to die, she was forced to die. A week ago, Killian told me about how Anna was killed mercilessly, and it took me almost three days to process everything in my brain.

Who could have killed her? I know Aaran will find that person-hold on, The help he wants from me to take revenge is this? He knows that Anna was murdered, and now he is going to get the killer. The perfect thing he could do is get justice. Aaran might be a grump with zero humanities, but,

What if he still loves her?
The voice from inside said, making my heart clenched and my eyes flooded with tears. I shook my head, sooing off the negative thoughts away. Never in my life have I felt like this. But what if he still loves her?

Will I ever get loved by him?

Will he ever hug me like he is my home, and I am his home?

Will I ever be in his thoughts? In his heart? Ouch! I am going to cry again, and this period cramp is adding fuel. What if his heart still flutters for Anna? Or his thoughts are still filled with her? Maybe he still looks at her photo, admiring her. I clenched a fistful of sheets in my fist, moving my gaze from him.

Why? Why is he taking care of me? He shouldn't do this. He shouldn't have prepared this tea for my cramps, nor should he have carried me in his arms while I was dirty. I wiped my tears with the sleeves of my shirt, inhaling a forceful breath as I looked at him.

His back is facing me, and he is standing near the vanity table. The pain exploded back in my abdomen and I dropped my head on the headboard of the bed, looking at the ceiling.

Fuck. Why am I so emotional today? I should be happy that Aaran is taking care of me, not like that day. He could have left me in pain, but he chose to take care of me, not bothering about the stains. He even carried me to his room and allowed me to sleep on his bed.

In the fight of the heart and brain, the soul suffers.

My periods have always been a cruel story. I am definitely not god's favourite child, which is why I always eat my painkillers as soon as my periods strike me, but this time I forgot my medicine at my apartment and I didn't have the energy to go and get the medicine.

Forget getting the medicine from the Pharmacy, I don't have the energy to even drop a text to Killian to bring me the pills. I slid myself, letting my head fall on the bed, and a deep exhale left my mouth. I kept a pillow on my stomach, lying on my back.