4

A A R A N

A A R A N

I ignored how my phone vibrated in my pocket. Surrounded by numerous plants, my gaze was fixed on the sky. It wasn't cloudy today, and suddenly, I remembered her words.

"Aaran, do you know everyone loves the stars and moon? If I were a star or a moon, I would be so overwhelmed because everyone would adore me."

I slowly lowered my head to look at the plants. Aana loved plants, she treated them like her babies, so I gifted her a greenhouse. This plant makes me feel as if she is here. After Aana died, I made sure to water them every day. Some plants left just like she did and some stayed.

"Aaran?" Mother's voice reached my ear, but I didn't turn to look at her. "Yes Maa," Her heels clicked on the floor, and soon I saw her standing in front. "I searched for you in your study room, but I couldn't find you there and here you are."

The smell of water chestnut flowers filled my lungs and I remember how I bought them from India after Aana had a desire to plant them. Mother sits beside me. "I thought we could have our dinner together." I turned my gaze to meet her brown eyes.

"I ate already. I told you, Maa, don't wait for me and just have your meals." Her smile dropped for a few seconds before she smiled again. "I will always wait for you, my son," I didn't utter a word and turned my gaze to look at the blinking stars.

"Do you-still miss her, Aaran?" Maa keeps her hand on my arm. "She is no more with us, Aaran, just move on. My heart sinks to look at you in this condition. I want you to be happy."

I don't miss her, Mother. I remember her, but I don't miss her, but I still want her to come back, so she could answer all those questions. "I know you still love her, but until when are you going to sit here and wait for her? She isn't coming back."

Love her? My grip on the wooden bench got tighter until my knuckles went white. "I am not waiting for anyone, Mother," I spoke and stood up, tugging my hand in my pockets.

The reason why I sit here and admire this ugly sky and plants is because it reminds me of her. It reminds me of someone who made me realize that i-I can and will never have a heart. Everything about this place reminds me that with her death, all those questions are sleeping 6 feet deep inside the ground.

"You wanted me to go on a date. I did that, so now don't force your decisions on me, Mother." I spoke and walked away.

(A week later after the date)

I stepped out of the car and was welcomed by the paparazzi's camera. With a smile across my face, I walked inside the venue with my bodyguards at the back.

I hate events, but this event was important or else I would have dropped the idea of coming here. "Sir, this way." My bodyguard said, and I turned my heel in the direction.