19.

To paid readers, the next chapter is available on ScrollStack. Link in conversation board and Instagram story.

Spoiler available at the end of this chapter.

This book is a Dark Romance!! Read only if you are comfortable.

R A N V I

R A N V I

Age: Eight

Alisha used to live there, in that red-roof house, which has a lot of dried plants on its balcony. It's been three months since she left. Since I didn't play with her.

The sun set hours ago and the full moon shines brightly. It's warmer these days, which is why I am standing on the balcony while my family is downstairs.

“Di?” I guess not everyone from my family is downstairs. I whirl around to find Aditi looking at me with her doe eyes. Her hands are at the back. “Hm?” She ran towards me. “I bought something for you.” She says and snaps a box in front of me.

“I heard you liked this chocolate that Nani bought, so I bought it for you.” I blinked my eyes, she was smiling and for some reason, I didn't like this smile on her face.

I turned back towards the railing of the balcony and looked at the sky. There are so many stars twinkling. “Ranvi, you don't want to eat this?”

I ignored my little sister's words and continued staring at Alisha's house. “Go..away Aditi,” I say, my voice too low. “Why why why? I am sharing my chocolate with you..you should be grateful.”

“Sharing! Grateful?” These words sounded like poison to me. My eyes were still pinned to Alisha's house. What if her parents still hurt her? Exactly how that monster told me?

“Go!..” My voice turned warning and Aditi took two steps away. “Go or else..” I paused, trying my best to not speak the words that were dying to come out. “You are a bad sister. I hate you.” This time I smiled while Aditi ran away.

My breath stuck as I felt her presence behind me. The monster from that room is here. She is standing behind me. I slowly turned around. My hands have started getting Sweaty and my lips are getting dried.

There she is standing, wearing a dress exactly like my dress. Green. “Hey!” She said, and I flinched.

“Why are you scared? You did such a good job, little princess.” She added, and I turned around to look at Alisha's house. This time she stood right beside me. My heart has started beating like crazy as if I am going to die in a blink of an eye.

“You miss your friend? I nodded at her words.

“She…was my true friend after Alice. After Alice went away, she was my only friend.” I say.