34.

The next chapter is available on ScrollStack. Link in Instagram story (talethatneverends)

Play "Somewhere only We know"

Don't forget to comment! I need to know your reactions and I enjoy reading it.

A A R A N

A A R A N

Past
Age: Ten

Everyone in this world has committed a sin in this life. I did that too. My sin was that I thought I could have a normal life like other kids. That I could hold my father's finger and go to school, he would pick me up from school, he would play with me and my Mother would love me.

I was wrong.

So wrong.

And this was the sin I committed.

I should have realised that my breaths aren't mine. They belong to my Uncle-that's what he has been saying to me for the past seven months. He says, that once I am built as a perfect warrior, a perfect leader-he would let me go and rule the world. He also said that I would be so powerful that no one would be able to stand in front of me, but I never wanted to do that. I wanted to live like a normal kid and not rule this world.

Shh! I should stop these thoughts before my uncle would read them and punish me.

Our family used to live here like a perfect joint family, oh! And as a happy family too, until my parents left me here, with my uncle. According to Papa, my uncle will treat me well, and I can learn a lot from him. But I hate Papa, he should be my Superman and protect me, but he never showed up.

He left me here.

Maybe, He hates me like I hate him.

I don't want to stay here, I want to stay with my family and not with Damien's.

Am I a bad child? But I am trying my best to win every game my uncle asks me to play. Be it using the gun and aiming at plates or doing those tough exercises. Damien cries, but I don't cry. We get punished every time we make a mistake and it's painful. It really is-painful.

I gulped, keeping my palm on my mouth to stop myself from screaming and throwing up the breakfast again. My heart beats as if it will pop out of my mouth, the funny and scary part is that I can hear my heartbeats. Sweat beats cover my forehead and my shirt sticks to my skin as if it's a part of my body, I try to calm myself by taking deep breaths, but I fail.

It's useless. Everything is useless.

Hiding. Showing courage. Everything.

He will find me anytime soon.

I will meet my faith.

That room.

That dark room.