10.

To Paid readers Chapter 11 and 12 is out on ScrollStack. Link present on conversation board and Instagram story.

Spoiler of chapter 11 is available at the end of this chapter. Spoiler of chapter 12 is available on conversation board.

2k votes and I will post next chapter on Monday. (Had to do this because you guys don't vote 🙂) Also, I am not a fan of vote target thing so, vote guys!!

 (Had to do this because you guys don't vote 🙂) Also, I am not a fan of vote target thing so, vote guys!!

R A N V I

Age: Eight

Mumma walks outside the kitchen with a plate filled with fresh fruits and Aditi, my younger sister follows Mumma like a lost puppy. She is five years old and is studying in a kindergarten.

"No, Aditi, you have to eat fruits," Mumma said while Aditi squeezed her eyes looking at Papa who was busy reading the Newspaper. "Di, tell Mama that I don't want to."

"Why would she say something? I told you to eat fruits and you will eat them," Mumma said, I looked at my plate which had a paratha, greased with ghee and my favourite gobi.

I looked outside the window, at the sun. It's sunny today and the clouds are flowing because of the wind. "Aditi, come here beta," Papa said, keeping his paper aside and spreading his arms for my sister Aditi rushed to hug Papa.

She loves hugging Papa just as I love when Papa carries me in his arms. Mumma keeps the bowl on the table "I am keeping the bowl here, make her finish this and Ranvi.." She paused, turning her gaze towards me.

"Finish your breakfast." I nodded at her words. Our parents love us more than anything, just like the king whose life was in a parrot, Mumma and Papa's lives are in us.

My friend Alisha from my school told me that her parents don't love her. They hit her and made her starve for days and she said I am lucky to have my parents.

When she first told me that her parents were bad parents, I didn't believe her because her parents are god figures but when I saw her mother hitting her, I cried and cried until my eyes were burning and my body was shaking.

I couldn't sleep for days and my teacher scolded me for bad marks. She even complained to Mumma but Mumma didn't scold me. She just had a conversation with Papa. They tried to talk to me but I didn't look at them, instead I looked at the invisible mark on the wall.

"The monsters are inside your bed, Ranvi. They will hunt you down. They can be anyone, your friends, your teacher, your mumma, your papa or your masi or maybe me?"

I remembered her words. She is right. Monsters have captured everything and they will hunt me like they do in my dreams.

Mumma sounded stressed, exactly when Aditi or I felt sick. I remember mumma said that they should visit me to a doctor because I had changed but I didn't change. I just started to stay quiet because I didn't want to get hit by them. I didn't want the monsters to hunt me.