Chapter 1

Fitz was smiling and laughing along with a group of girls who had came up to him for a conversation. Or well, to flirt with him.

It was no surprise that the girls in Foxfire were all over Fitz, he was an attractive man and the Vacker family was quite prestigious. Also, once the girls heard that his relationship with Sophie ended, they all instantly got back in the game of trying to win his attention.
Fitz enjoyed the female attention. It shown that he was a ladies man, and it meant that he could fall in love with a girl and it'd be a very high chance she already likes him!

Though, as the girls continued to swoon over him, Fitz caught a glimpse of Dex Dizznee across the hall, staring at him.
Fitz looked at Dex and Dex seemed to jump once their eyes met. Dex's face turned red as he quickly looked away and walked off, leaving in a hurry as he carried his books close to his chest.
Fitz furrowed his eyebrows at the weird reaction from Dex.

"Ah, Fitz are you alright?"
Fitz snapped back to reality and flashed his signature smile, which made the group of girls giggle and blush while twirling their hairs.
"I'm fine. Sorry, I thought one of my friends needed me." Fitz said.
"Ah! It's alright Fitz!"

As the girls continued to attempt to make their moves on Fitz and talk to him in their flirtatious ways, Fitz couldn't get out of his head the strange way that Dex had reacted to him simply just looking at him from a far.

Why did Dex seem to get so flustered?
Why did Dex leave so rashly?
And why was Dex staring at him so intensely before he caught him?

Fitz really tried to get rid of these thoughts of Dex and the way he acted, but for some reason that was all he could think about.
And now, the female attention wasn't giving him as much pleasure as it did just a few moments ago.

"Excuse me ladies, I really must get going... I asked a Mentor to give me a little help with my work."

Why was Fitz suddenly desperate to get rid of the group of girls?
He didn't know. Perhaps he was going insane. Had he hit his head off of anything this morning?

"Awh, what a shame!"
"We had a good time with you Fitz!"
"See you soon, Fitzy~!"

What a disgusting thing to call him. 'Fitzy'. Had these girls forgotten how noble he was? How his family name was incredibly prestigious and such nicknames like that were offensive to him?
Fitz managed to hide his disgust and kindly excused himself and said goodbye.

Seriously... why had his mood changed all of a sudden?
And why was Dex still in his mind!?

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 478