Chapter 15

It was slightly awkward.

Dex and Fitz were sat next to each other in the cafeteria at a table with Keefe and Tam sat across from them.
"Uh, so... what were you two doing in that field alone?" Keefe asked, looking at, mostly, Fitz.
Fitz sighed.
"I just wanted to hang out with Dex a little more." Fitz said.
"What were you planning on doing with Tam there?"
Dex felt uncomfortable and he looked at Tam. Tam groaned as Keefe's face seemed to turn red.
"Nothing!" Keefe exclaimed, his voice cracking.
Keefe and Fitz began to bicker, about this whole field thing and bringing another person there to their special spot.

Dex sighed and rolled his eyes.
"So, what is up with you and Keefe?" Dex asked, whispering slightly as he looked at Tam.
Tam couldn't help but smile as he leaned in.
"Uh, we're not dating but we've talked about our feelings towards each other." Tam said, keeping his voice low.
"So... we're just talking about this, and going on a few dates before it becomes official."
Dex smiled.
"Awh, that's nice. I'm happy for you guys." Dex said.
"Thanks." Tam smiled.

"What about you and Fitz?"
Dex felt his cheeks warm.
"There's nothing going on between us." Dex said, ensuring to keep his voice low.
"He's straight so..."
Tam stared at Dex.

"Have faith." Tam said.
"I mean... Fitz seems really close to you and I've seen the way that he looks at you."
Dex rolled his eyes.
"Tam-" Dex began.
"Think about it. I think there's a high chance he's not straight and likes you." Tam smiled.

Dex blinked as Tam sat straight up and he smacked Keefe in the back of his head.
Keefe whined and he looked at Tam, frowning.
"Heyy..."
"Quit bickering like a child, Keefe. You too, Fitz. I mean, how do you expect to get a partner if you act like this in public?" Tam scowled.
Fitz huffed and Keefe grumbled.

Dex held back his laugh, he tried to at least. A small laugh came out and Fitz looked at him.
" Haha! Sorry, it's just... haha! "
Fitz raised an eyebrow and he leaned in closer to Dex.
" Oh, you think this is funny, huh?" Fitz asked, resting his hand on top of Dex's.
Dex felt his cheeks warm and he smiled at Fitz.
"Slightly. I mean, you obeyed Tam Song! It's... sort of hilarious."

Fitz huffed and he backed away.
"I do not obey others-" Fitz began.
"You did kind of obey Tam." Keefe cut Fitz off.
"Yeah, Fitz... you did." Tam smiled at the telepath.
Fitz glared at Tam and Keefe and glanced at Dex who was giggling about this.

He was such a cute dork, and Fitz hated how he felt like he would let Dex away with anything.
His feelings for the Technopath only grew larger every day. The more they spent time and got to know each other, the more Fitz enjoyed being around Dex, the more Fitz wanted to spend even more time with Dex...

Dex then gasped.
"Oh! I was supposed to meet Elwin about something!" Dex exclaimed, quickly getting up.
"Ahh, I'm sorry guys-"
"Go on, go on." Tam smiled at Dex.
"Yeah, we understand." Keefe nodded.
Dex looked at Fitz and Fitz smiled.
"Don't keep Elwin waiting." Fitz said.
Dex nodded and he smiled.
"I'll see you guys later!"
Dex quickly ran off, leaving the table with just Fitz, Keefe and Tam.

Keefe whistled for a moment before he looked at Fitz.
"So... you've gotten incredibly smitten with Dex."
"And you two have been acting more of a couple recently. I wonder what that's about."
"Ugh, shut up Vacker... nothing's official."
"Not yet~"
"You shut up too, Sencen."
"... Yes, Tam."

Fitz softly sighed.
Now he had to deal with Tam and Keefe flirting with each other for the rest of the lunch period.
The again, anything was better than being surrounded by girls trying to become your girlfriend... so Fitz would just have to suffer this.
Soon he'd be able to see Dex and, not flirt, but... well... flirt with Dex himself.

Things were going incredibly well with his relationship with Dex. His platonic one. Fitz was happy at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 705