Chapter 19

Dex sighed as he ran his finger through his hair, resting his cheek on his hand and staring at his sketchbook. He was stuck. He didn't know what to sketch out, he wasn't even sure what he wanted to make.
He hasn't had the time to make any gadgets recently, he's been busy helping his dad with work or having to take care of his siblings.

Dex tapped his pencil against the blank piece of paper. He sighed as he set his pencil down and he leaned back in his chair, throwing his head back and staring up at the ceiling.
Dex was trying to think about what sort of things he could make, if there was anything that could be used any time soon, if he needed something or if-

"Dex! Keefe is here!"
Dex snapped out of his thoughts as his mother called for him.
"Oh, uh okay! I'll be down in a second!" Dex called back as he quickly got up from his seat.
He shut his sketchbook and made sure his room did not look like a mess. He quickly ruffled and ran his fingers through his hair, feeling a little worried.
Why was Keefe over? He didn't expect him...

Dex made his way out of his room and down the stairs. He seen Keefe, looking at the wall and... talking to the air?
"Uh, hey..." Dex said as he made his way down and towards Keefe.
Keefe blinked and turned around, smiling at Dex.
"Hey, uh... don't get mad." Keefe said.
"But... you really need to listen to what he needs to say to you. And this was the only way he'd be let in."
Dex furrowed his eyebrows.
"What are you-?"
Dex froze when he seen Fitz and Biana appear behind Keefe. Biana had used her ability to hide herself and Fitz.

"Hey Dex." Biana smiled nervously.
"Sorry for doing this."
Fitz fiddled with his cape and Dex scoffed.
"Keefe-" Dex began, scowling.
"Just listen to him. Please?" Keefe asked, going up to Dex and resting his hand on his shoulder.
"He's not gonna be an idiot, I swear."
"We don't know that for sure, but uh, he's gonna try not to be an idiot." Biana said, butting in.
"Hey-" Fitz began.

"You know what? Okay. Fitz, you go upstairs and wait for me in my room." Dex said, looking at Fitz.
"Uh but-" Fitz began.
"Go before I kick you out." Dex scowled.
Fitz gulped and he quickly walked past Biana, Keefe and Dex. He made his way up the stairs and Dex watched as Fitz did so, making sure he'd actually be away before he spoke to Keefe and Biana.

Once Dex was sure Fitz was gone, he looked at Keefe and Biana.
"Why?" Dex snapped.
"Why did you bring him here?"
Keefe took his hand away.
"We talked to each other and he just wants to say a few things to you." Keefe said.
"I even helped. I didn't trust Keefe giving my brother advice." Biana said, going up to Dex as well.
"Dex, he's gonna be as honest as he can be."
Biana gently took Dex's hands into hers and Dex looked at Biana.
"Trust us. Every word he says will be true." Biana smiled.

Dex took his hands away and he turned away.
"Leave." Dex said.
"You brought him here and I'd rather you two not wait around or attempt to eavesdrop in our conversation."
Keefe and Biana glanced at each other.
"... Tell Fitz we'll be waiting for him at Everglen." Keefe said, looking at Dex.
Dex didn't say anything and he made his way up the stairs.

Biana sighed softly as Keefe dug out the crystal he had to Everglen.
"He better not mess this up." Biana said.
"He probably will." Keefe said.
"Now let's wait for him to come home and scold him for being an idiot."
"Sounds like a plan."

Dex made his way up the stairs and he approached his room. He stopped when he seen the triplets nearby.
They all stared at him and Dex grumbled.
"You three, stay out of this. Fitz isn't here to play." Dex scowled.
"Why not?" Lex asked, tilting his head.
"Yeah, why not?" Rex asked, also tilting his head.
Dex glared at the triplets.
"Because Fitz and I are going to have a talk, a talk that's gonna be long, and boring and not fun at all. So scram!" Dex snapped.
Bex yelped as she was the first to run off. Lex and Rex stared at Dex for a moment, not liking how tired or angry he looked. They both ran off and Dex sighed.