Chapter 17

Fitz was back to having to deal with all the girls who just wouldn't leave him alone.

"Oh, is Dex not going to steal you away this time, Fitzy?" One of them asked as they wrapped their arms around Fitz's.
Fitz managed to smile awkwardly.
"Ah... Uhm, no. He's busy..." Fitz said, feeling awkward.

Truth be told, Fitz hasn't seen Dex around. And when he'd message the Technopath, he wouldn't get a response. It's been... 3 days? Maybe 4? Fitz didn't know. He's just been worried and concerned about Dex but... it seemed like Dex didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

"Ugh, look. Maybe he is going to steal you away today."
Fitz quickly looked over to where a few of the girls seemed to be glaring at and he seen Dex.
His heart ached and flutter at once and he bit his lower lip as he seen Dex smiling and laughing with Keefe, who's arm was wrapped around his shoulder. Fitz grumbled and he took a deep breath.
"Excuse me, one second." Fitz smiled at the girls before walking over towards Dex and Keefe.

Dex and Keefe both noticed Fitz coming to them and stopped, though Keefe glared at Fitz while Dex looked away with a bitter and guilty expression on his face.
"Uh..." Fitz gulped as he glanced at Keefe once he was now stood in front of the pair.
"Got something to say, Vacker?" Keefe asked, raising an eyebrow.
Fitz looked at Dex and he bit his lower lip as he saw how Dex wouldn't even meet his eyes.

"Dex, uhm... is there any chance you haven't been getting my messages?" Fitz asked, feeling a little embarrassed.
"No, no... I've been getting them." Dex said, still not looking at Fitz.
Ouch.
Fitz's cheeks turned pink from embarrassment and he looked away.

"Oh...so you've been ignoring me?" Fitz questioned.
Dex didn't know what to say and he looked at Fitz. Dex felt his heart ache, the pit in his stomach felt so deep. Keefe noticed how Dex seemed to be so close to give into Fitz's silly little trick of trying to get them to pity him.
"Go to your fangirls, Fitz. They want you around, we don't. Unless if you've-" Keefe began.
"I wasn't speaking to you." Fitz snapped, shooting a glare at Keefe.

Keefe blinked and he let out a scoff.
"You think you scare me, Fitzroy?" Keefe asked, raising his eyebrows.
Keefe unwrapped his arm from Dex and took a step forward towards Fitz.
"I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just simply saying I was speaking towards Dex-" Fitz began.
"I know exactly what you were trying to do because I've known you practically all my life and-!" Keefe began to shout, glaring and his hands were clenched tightly into fists.

Keefe stopped when he felt Dex take his hand and he looked at the Technopath. Fitz looked at their hands and then at Dex. Dex only looked at Keefe.
"Don't." Dex said.
Keefe took a deep breath and stepped back as Dex took his hand away from Keefe's. Keefe wrapped his arm around Dex once more and Dex took a deep breath as he faced Fitz.

"I don't want to be around you." Dex stated, staring right into Fitz's eyes.
Keefe sighed softly as he felt the intense, painful emotions come from Dex.
"Dex-" Fitz began.
Dex didn't even wait, nor did he want, to hear it, he walked past Fitz, sort of budging into his shoulder with Keefe following alongside him. Fitz furrowed his eyebrows as he rubbed his shoulder where Dex hit him and he watched as Dex and Keefe walked off. Dex had rested his head on Keefe's shoulder and Fitz felt that strange fiery feeling in his chest again.

"Wow~ Dex couldn't get Fitz so he had to go after his best friend. What a joke."

Fitz scowled as he glared back at the group of girls.
"Watch your tones!" Fitz snapped.
Fitz took a moment to realize how he reacted as the girls all seemed to flinch by his harsh tone and stared at him wide-eyed.
Fitz sighed out as he ran his fingers through his hair, quickly walking off the opposite direction Dex and Keefe walked off to.
This was messing with his head. And Fitz had no one to talk to.