Chapter 23

"How'd your date go?" Keefe asked as Fitz entered his bedroom.
Fitz looked at Keefe who was sat on his bed, waiting for him.
Fitz grumbled as he took his cape off and threw it at Keefe. Keefe yelped as he caught the fabric.
"Erm, not good?" Keefe asked as he set the cape down.
"Dex told me that I need to take time to think if I truly want us to be a thing. That if I'd be willing to act like a couple in public." Fitz stated.
"And well... I want to be his boyfriend so badly but, I don't know how I'm gonna act if we're gonna be in public..."

Keefe let out a groan.
"Fitz, it's so simple. Do not give a shit about what anyone else thinks!" Keefe exclaimed.
Fitz stared at Keefe and Keefe sighed.
"You really are an idiot." Keefe stated.
"Stop calling me an idiot." Fitz grumbled.
"When you stop acting like an idiot, I'll stop calling you an idiot." Keefe stated.

"Keefe, I'm just nervous. What if my dad finds out because one of his friends recognises me in public and notices me being all romantic or lovey dovey towards Dex?" Fitz frowned.
"Then you deal with your dad. Have a talk with him. He doesn't accept you? Run away. Stay with me or with Dex." Keefe said.
"How many times do I have to say this? Go with your heart."

Fitz sighed as he laid back and stared at the ceiling.
"It's difficult-" Fitz began.
"It really isn't." Keefe shook his head.
"I'm gonna give you the rest of today to think about this, and tomorrow you'll also think about this. Then, we'll talk and plan out how you're gonna ask Dex out on another date and what you're gonna do for that date."
Fitz looked at Keefe and he frowned.

Keefe gave Fitz a small smile as he reached over and ruffled his hair. Fitz scowled as he instantly began to fix his hair while Keefe laughed.
"Haha! Okay, I seriously gotta go. My dad's gonna get worried." Keefe said, getting up.
"Since when do you care about your dad?" Fitz questioned as he sat up.
Keefe shrugged as he grabbed his crystal.
"I don't. I just don't like how he treats me when he's worried about me. It makes me uncomfortable." Keefe said.
"If you need me, hail me!"
Fitz watched as Keefe raised his home crystal up and he gave Keefe a small wave before he light-leapt away.

Fitz sighed as he laid back again and shut his eyes. He took a few deep breaths as he thought about this.
I mean... maybe acting like a couple in public wouldn't be soo bad. But, Fitz still couldn't get out of his head the fear of being outed to his dad.

~~~~~

"I feel like an idiot." Dex said, pacing back and forth in his room.
"You're not an idiot." Linh said.
"You did what you felt was right." Tam said.
"Exactly! And you're right. You shouldn't be hidden away. Fitz shouldn't treat you like a boyfriend in private." Linh smiled at Dex.
Dex looked at the Song twins who were sat on the edge of his bed, watching him pacing back and forth.
Dex ran his fingers through his hair.
"But... I could've had the guy that I've been pining for ages to be my boyfriend. Now... what if Fitz decides he doesn't want to be my boyfriend because I demand to not be kept a secret?" Dex questioned, his heart racing, but not in the good way.

Linh and Tam shared a look and they both got up.
Linh placed a hand on Dex's shoulder, Tam placed his hand on Dex's other shoulder. The twins guided Dex towards his bed and sat him down. Linh crouched down in front of Dex, placing her hand on his knee while Tam took his hand from Dex, crossing his arms.
Dex looked at Linh and glanced at Tam, a little confused.
"You made the choice which you thought was right." Tam repeated himself, slightly rephrasing his words from just a moment ago.
"And you shouldn't regret that." Linh added, smiling sweetly at Dex.
"And if Fitz comes back, asks you out again...then he deserves you. If he doesn't, it's his lost, isn't it?"
Dex hesitantly nodded and Linh's smile just grew.
"That's right!" Linh gently patted Dex's knee.

"Seriously Dex, Fitz would be an idiot to not go out with you just because he couldn't handle being seen with another guy in public acting like a couple." Tam said.
"So do not even give him sympathy or accept any apology he gives you if he refuses to date you."
Dex looked at Tam who was giving him an intense stare. It gave Dex shivers, he didn't like it when Tam radiated this serious energy. But it was nice at the same time, it let Dex know how much Tam cared for him.
"R-right." Dex nodded.

"Gosh Tam, don't use that harsh stare of yours!" Linh exclaimed, getting up and frowning at Tam.
"What-? It's just my face-?" Tam began, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.
"You're intimidating our poor little Dex!" Linh sighed.
"Actually, I know Tam's just trying to show that-" Dex began.
"Shh! It's okay Dex! Tam is a big scary guy, and his stare is so intimidating! I know!" Linh cooed.
Tam grumbled.
"Linh, I am going to-" Tam began.
"Tam, this isn't about you! This is about Dex and his little dilemma!" Linh exclaimed.
Tam scowled and Linh grinned.
Dex couldn't help but smile.

He knew Linh was trying to change the subject, to lighten the mood. 
Though Dex couldn't stop thinking about what he said to Fitz. I mean, was that really the right thing to do? Dex hoped it was. He also hoped that Fitz would make the right choice too.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 956