Chapter 20

"Sorry, they're really snoopy and I'd rather have this discussion in private." Dex said as he and Fitz walked hand in hand towards the tree they last sat together at.
"Yeah, no problem. I'd also rather not have the triplets overhear our discussion." Fitz said as he used his free hand to nervously rub his neck.

The two of them went over to the tree and sat down beside one another. Fitz squeezed Dex's hand and Dex sighed out softly as he looked around.
"Man, this place really is beautiful." Dex said.
Fitz stared at Dex.
"Mmh, the view is nice." Fitz said, sort of quietly.
Dex looked at Fitz and seen how he stared at him. Dex smiled.
"That's so corny." Dex said.
"And really stereotypical. Are we in a romance book or something?"
Fitz laughed softly.
"Haha, do you really think if we were in a book it'd be under the genre of romance?" Fitz grinned.
"Mmh, yeah you're right. Our lives have been so messed up. It couldn't be under the romance genre."Dex said.

Fitz then looked away and into the distance.
"Uhm... So I told you I'm in love with you." Fitz said, very nervous.
"But you haven't said anything like that back to me..."
Dex blinked at Fitz and seen how flushed he seemed. Dex couldn't help but giggle.
"Haha, do I need to state the obvious?" Dex asked, smiling at Fitz.
Fitz looked at Dex and nodded.
"Yes, you do." Fitz answered.

Dex softly sighed as he plopped his head onto Fitz's shoulder.
"Mmh, okay. I'm in love with you too, Fitz." Dex said.
Fitz's heart skipped a beat.
"That's so weird to hear..." Fitz said, his voice slightly cracking as his face turned red.
Dex glanced at Fitz's face and seen how it turned so red. Dex giggled even more.
"Hehe, how do you think I felt? You took me by surprise, Fitzroy~" Dex grinned.

"Ugh, what have I told you about calling me Fitroy, Dexter?" Fitz questioned, raising an eyebrow at Dex.
"Don't start. Keefe keeps calling me Dexter and I don't want you to do that too." Dex said, lifting his head and punching Fitz in the shoulder with his free hand.
Fitz laughed and he smiled at Dex.
"Haha, as long as you don't call me Fitzroy again, I'll stop calling you Dexter." Fitz said.
"Mmh, deal." Dex smiled.

"Now, what are we?"
Fitz and Dex stared at each other.
"Obviously we're just good friends." Fitz said.
Dex glared at Fitz and Fitz smiled nervously.
"Kidding! I'm kidding!"
Dex rolled his eyes and he looked at their hands. He squeezed Fitz's hand again and sighed.

"Do you want to be like... official boyfriends straight away? Or wait until you're more comfortable with your sexuality?" Dex asked, looking at Fitz.
Fitz hummed for a moment, just thinking.
"Well... if we're official boyfriends, then... we can like kiss and stuff like that, right?" Fitz asked, sort of leaning in slightly.
Dex's cheeks turned red and his heart did that fluttery thing as it usually did when Fitz would get close to him.
"W-Well, yeah." Dex said.
"And if we're just... people who acknowledge our feelings...we'll hold hands and go on dates and stuff, yeah? But is no kissing involved in that?" Fitz questioned, tilting his head.
Dex gulped as it seemed like Fitz was getting closer and closer.
"Mmh... no, no kissing." Dex shook his head.
Fitz bit his lower lip.

"Okay, well... how about we go out on a date first? A proper date?" Fitz suggested.
"And then, maybe we'll see how I feel then."
Dex nodded at Fitz.
"Yeah sure, but Fitzy... you gotta ask me out better than that." Dex said, grinning as he slightly teased Fitz.
Fitz raised his eyebrows.
"Oh? Okay." Fitz said.
Fitz let go of Dex's hand and Dex stared blankly at Fitz.
"Huh? Wait, I was joking-" Dex began as Fitz got up and went in front of him.
Fitz got down on one knee and he took both of Dex's hands into his, holding them towards himself and kissing the back of one of them.

"Will you, Dex Dizznee, go out on a date with me?" Fitz asked, a charming smile on his face as he looked directly into Dex's eyes.
Dex's heart was about to burst from all the happiness and excitement he was feeling.
Dex laughed as he escaped Fitz's grasp.
" Hahaha! "Dex covered his mouth.
"Wow, okay... yeah, I'll go out on a date with you, Fitz Vacker."
Dex smiled at Fitz and that made Fitz's stomach just flutter and churn.

"That was so dorky of you."
Fitz sat back down next to Dex by the tree.
"You asked for it."
Dex rested his head on Fitz's shoulder as Fitz wrapped his arm around Dex's body.
"Haha, yeah. I guess I did."

*****

"Wait, you didn't mess up?!" Keefe exclaimed, staring at Fitz wide-eyed.
Fitz couldn't stop himself from smiling, his cheeks were hurting from smiling so much.

"I didn't, well it nearly turned out like shit but then I just blurted it out and oh my god... it went well. Like so well. We're going on a date this weekend!" Fitz exclaimed.
Keefe raised his eyebrows and he clapped.
"Impressive Fitzter!" Keefe exclaimed.

Biana rolled her eyes as she elbowed Keefe, causing Keefe to yelp and whine.
"I'm proud of you, Fitz." Biana smiled at her brother.
Fitz looked at Biana and he felt... well, glad.
"Thanks Biana." Fitz said.
"I'm glad... I'm glad you're fine with this."
Fitz nervously rubbed his neck.
Biana softly sighed.
"Hey, don't worry about our parents. I'm sure our mother will be fine with it." Biana said, smiling at Fitz.
"And... well, let's not worry about our dad for now. Just focus on you and you'll tell them whenever you're ready. Keefe and I will be there too, if you need us."
"We will-? Ow-- I mean, yeah! We will!"

Fitz looked at Biana and Keefe and his smile really wouldn't disappear.
"You guys are idiots." Fitz said.
"Yeah, yeah. Love you too." Biana said, rolling her eyes.
"If you need help planning out this date, you can count on me."
And with that, Biana walked off, leaving Fitz's room.

Keefe sighed as he went over and sat down next to Fitz.
"Dude, we both have boyfriends." Keefe said.
"Dex isn't my boyfriend." Fitz stated.
"Yet." Keefe pointed out.
"Though, it's weird how I got a boyfriend before you. I mean, Fitzy...I know I'm superior but like girls drool over you more than they drool over me!"
Fitz pushed his hand on Keefe's faces, shoving him back slightly.
"Ha-ha. Shut up, Sencen." Fitz said.
Keefe smiled as Fitz took his hand away.

"Seriously Fitz, I'm proud of you." Keefe said.
The soft tone that Keefe used made Fitz feel... well, loved.
"Thanks Keefe." Fitz said, smiling at the Empath.
Keefe smiled back.

"Now... do you have any plans for your date~?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1172