Chapter 29

Keefe choked on the air and Dex stared wide-eyed at Fitz.
"You came out to your mother?!" Keefe gasped.
Fitz smiled as he rubbed his neck, nodding at Keefe.
"She asked me something and I kinda admitted to it..." Fitz said.
Dex blinked.
"Uh... so, she's supportive?" Dex questioned.
 Fitz nodded.
"Yeah, she told me she was proud of me and I began to cry." Fitz said sheepishly.
Dex smiled as he leaned over to kiss Fitz's cheek.

"Awh, well... I'm happy for you!" Dex exclaimed.
"I mean... wow."
"Yeah man! I'm proud of you myself!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Coming out takes guts! Even though Della seemed to take you by surprise!"
Fitz smiled at Keefe.
"Thanks, Keefster."Fitz said.
"Of course Fitzter!" Keefe grinned.
"Oh and she also knows that we're dating and well...next week my dad works all afternoon and evening so she wants you to come over for dinner." Fitz said, looking at Dex.
Dex raised his eyebrows.
"Uh, what now?" Dex questioned.

Keefe made a quiet 'oooh~' noise and Dex looked at Keefe, slightly worried.
Keefe felt the worried emotion radiate from Dex and he gave Dex a smile.
"Della isn't going to judge you! Don't worry!" Keefe exclaimed.
Dex looked at Fitz and Fitz smiled at Dex.
"She just wants to be able to treat you like my boyfriend. Without the fear of my dad finding out and...well being rude about it." Fitz said, taking Dex's hand into his.
He rubbed his thumb across Dex's knuckles and Dex took a deep breath.
"Uh...yeah, okay." Dex nodded.
"I'll have to check with my parents."
Fitz smiled.
"My mother will be thrilled." Fitz said, pecking Dex's cheek.
Dex smiled and he squeezed Fitz's hand.

"Where's my own boyfriend when I need him?" Keefe grumbled under his breath.
"Oh, looks like we came in time."
Keefe looked over and seen the Song twins approach the table.
"Wow, were you feeling sad and lonely with the other gay couple?" Tam grinned as he slid down next to Keefe.
Keefe smiled as he wrapped his arms around Tam, resting his head on his shoulder.
"Yep! Fitzy and Dexter are insufferable to be around!"
Linh seemed to giggle as she sat down next to Fitz and Dex. Fitz and Dex both glared at Keefe.
"What?" Dex questioned.

"Are you even seeing the way you're cuddling with Tam right now?" Fitz asked.
Keefe held Tam closer and Tam sighed as he ruffled Keefe's hair.
"He loves it! Plus, he's my emotional support. I gotta hold him like this in order to calm my anxieties!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Ah yes, Keefe Sencen, the biggest prankster, has anxiety." Linh said.
"If you had anxiety, you'd never be in detention or wreak havoc everywhere."
Keefe looked at Linh and frowned.
"Tam, your sister doesn't love me." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
"Uh, it'd be weird if she loved you." Tam said, looking at Keefe.
Keefe didn't have a comeback and he stayed silent as he simply just cuddled closer with Tam.

Dex looked at Fitz and Fitz looked down at him.
'Wanna get outta here?' Fitz had transmitted into Dex's head.
Dex smiled as he nodded.
Fitz got up and Dex got up as well, Fitz quickly dragged Dex behind him as they left the table.
Linh watched the couple disappear and she smiled slightly.
"They're gonna make out in the library." Keefe said.
"Keefe!" Tam scowled.
"God Keefe, why are you like this?" Linh frowned at the Empath.

Keefe shuffled away from Tam as he raised his hands in defence.
"Hey! You should've felt that weird romantic emotions radiating off of them! They're gonna make out!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Okay, stop saying 'make out'." Tam said.
"It's making us uncomfortable, Keefe."
"Mmh, whatever you want dear!" Keefe smiled at Tam.
Tam rolled his eyes, a smile on his face. Linh sighed, shaking her head.

"You're dating an idiot."
"Hey-!"
"I know."
"WHA- TAM!?" 

~~~~~

Dex couldn't help but smile as he leaned against the wall in the library with Fitz's hands on his waist.
"We've only kissed like once and you seem desperate to kiss me again~" Dex teased as Fitz stared at his lips.
Fitz grumbled as he rested his forehead against Dex's.
"Ugh, shush. I just liked how it felt." Fitz said.
"So it's got nothing to do with how you have feelings for me and are my boyfriend?" Dex questioned.
Fitz rolled his eyes. "Well, why would it be?"
Dex scoffed and Fitz softly laughed as he leaned in.
"Can I?" Fitz asked, extremely close to Dex's lips.
Dex smiled as he rested his hands on Fitz's chest.
"Haha, go ahead, Wonderboy." Dex grinned, slightly reaching up.
Fitz smiled as he pressed his lips gently against Dex's. Dex sunk into the kiss, grasping tighter onto Fitz's cape as they began to kiss. It was as gentle and sweet as their first, except for the fact that this time it was longer.

Dex loved how soft Fitz's lips felt, how gentle he was being. He could tell Fitz was as nervous as he was. Fitz held onto Dex's waist tighter as he slightly tilted his head to deepen the kiss. Dex nervously pulled away once Fitz did that and Fitz bit his lower lip as he looked into Dex's eyes.
"Sorry." Fitz said, cheeks red.
"I-it just was a little too much!" Dex exclaimed, cheeks red as he didn't dare look at Fitz.
"Uhm...m-maybe you could just start walking me to my next lesson?"
Dex glanced at Fitz, nervously.
Fitz smiled as he backed away from Dex, taking his hands away from his body.
"Sure, c'mon."
Fitz held his hand out and Dex smiled, that fluttery feeling appearing in his stomach again.
Dex took Fitz's hand and they both began to walk alongside. Dex let out a quiet sigh of relief as he and Fitz began to talk while they began to make their way out of the library and towards the room where Dex's next lesson would be held.

Fitz felt...a little disappointed they didn't kiss for longer and that Dex pulled away. But, he didn't want Dex to feel uncomfortable, so...he'd wait until Dex became more comfortable with kissing like that.
Dex himself felt relieved, thankful that Fitz didn't pressure him into kissing him back like that. Dex liked their short, sweet kisses. He just...he didn't want to move so quickly in this relationship, physically at least...

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1001