Chapter 6

Dex felt strange as everyone seemed to be whispering and glancing at him as he made his way towards his locker.

"Did you see Fitz was carrying a bouquet of flowers?"
"What? When did you see Fitz?"
"This morning, he was looking around while holding this huge bouquet, and I think he had some chocolates in hand as well!"
Dex furrowed his eyebrows as he heard these people whispering about Fitz apparently having gifts for someone.

Did... did Fitz find himself a girl to confess to?

Dex felt his chest get heavier and he scoffed.
Whatever, it wasn't any of his business. Fitz stopped bothering him about the apologies, perhaps it's good that he'll get himself a girlfriend so that he won't bother Dex anymore!

Dex looked up ahead and he froze when he seen Fitz in front of his locker with girls sort of surrounding him.
Dex raised his eyebrows and he slowly took a few steps forward, gently shoving by the girls.

"Uh...Fitz...you realize this is my locker, yes?" Dex questioned, looking at the male who seemed to finally notice him.
The girls all stayed silent as they stared at Dex and Fitz. Dex felt the girls glaring at him and Dex felt... well, embarrassed. Fitz glanced at the girls and he ran his fingers through his hair as he took a deep breath.
Fitz placed the bouquet of flowers he held in his hands towards Dex. Dex really couldn't move his body as his face turned red and his heart started beating so much faster. Dex managed to move his hands and took the bouquet.

Fitz glanced at the small crowd who was surrounding them. He didn't like the audience. He wanted to apologise Dex in private but these girls knew no boundaries.
"Dex, I really am sorry for what I did." Fitz said, looking at Dex.
Fitz fiddled with a packet of chocolate in his hands too.
"Uh, Biana told me that this was your favourite chocolate, and those were your favourite flowers."
Dex stared at the flowers and he gulped as Fitz also handed him the bar of chocolate. Dex hesitantly took that too and he stared at Fitz.

"... That's all you have to say? "Dex asked.
Fitz glanced at the girls and Dex noticed how Fitz glanced at them for a moment before holding eye contact with him again.
"This is private, so-" Fitz began.
"No, no. You're already at my locker."Dex smiled, his smile very mischievous.
Fitz felt his heart flutter at Dex's devious smile, and at his dimples which appeared. Why did his heart flutter? Who knew?
Fitz felt his cheeks warm up from embarrassment.

The girls all began to whisper around the two of them.
"What is going on between those two?"
"How come Dex got flowers? Why didn't Fitz get any of us flowers?"
"How close are those two?"

Fitz stared at Dex, who kept staring back, waiting for a real apology.
Fitz sighed as he took a few steps closer to Dex.
"Dex, I am the biggest snob in the world and you should not accept my apology." Fitz stated.
"But I want to thank you for making me aware of how rude I was and... how much of a privileged asshole I actually am."
Dex raised his eyebrows and he couldn't help but let out a laugh.
"Hahaha!"

The girls all seemed to scowl and glare at Dex.
Dex didn't care about how the girls seem to find him strange for laughing at Fitz's words. Or how they thought Fitz was perfect and couldn't understand why he said what he said.

Fitz stared at the Technopath who kept laughing and letting out snorts as he did so.
"That's the best apology I've ever gotten!" Dex exclaimed, playfully punching Fitz in the shoulder.
"You're forgiven, Wonderboy."
Dex held the bouquet closer to his chest and smiled at Fitz.
Fitz noticed how Dex held the bouquet close and he felt himself smile.

"Ah... good..." Fitz said, nervously rubbing his neck.
"I'll let you get ready for your lessons then. Sorry for... Uhm..."
Fitz glanced at the girl's who were now staring at Fitz with their puppy dog, eager eyes. It was clear they wanted his attention now, that they wanted to leave.
Dex lowered his head and hummed.
"Get outta here, loverboy." Dex said, gently pushing Fitz.
Fitz smiled and before he walked past Dex, he leaned in.

"Maybe... we could meet up at lunch? Library?" Fitz whispered into Dex's ear.
Dex felt his face warm up again and he bit his lower lip as he looked at Fitz who smiled so... sweetly at him.
"Sure." Dex nodded.
"I'll see you, Wonderboy."
Fitz grinned as he walked off, the group of girls glaring at Dex before quickly following behind Fitz.

"Fitzy, what was that all about?"
"You scared us! We thought you were going to confess to someone!"
Dex watched as Fitz clearly got irritated with those girls but said nothing rude, politely talking back to them.

Dex looked at the bouquet of flowers and the bar of chocolate. Dex smiled as his heart fluttered and his stomach churned.
Dex looked at his locker and frowned as if he placed the flowers there, he'd probably forget about them until the next day. And if he placed the flowers in his bag... they'd get squished.
The only option was to carry the flowers around in his hands all day. He'd place them in water when he'd get home at the end of the day.

Dex really didn't expect such a sweet gesture from Fitz.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 926