Chapter 11

Keefe was worried about Fitz.

He hadn't seen him all day, and when he found Dex and asked him about Fitz, Dex told him that he hadn't seen Fitz around all day either.
No group of girls were surrounding him anywhere for Dex to save him from apparently.

So, to ease his worries, he was taking a walk along the beach outside the Shores of Solace with Tam Song.

"I mean... it's obvious he's not okay, right?" Keefe questioned, rubbing his neck nervously.
"But what if he wasn't in Foxfire today because he was sick? I don't want to visit him and then catch something."
Tam sighed as he smacked Keefe in the back of his head.
Keefe whined and he glared at Tam.
"Hey!"

Tam smiled at Keefe and Keefe felt his cheeks warm. He stayed silent as Tam began to speak.
"You're an idiot, Keefe." Tam said.
"Gee, you're so kind to me, my dear friend." Keefe grumbled, rubbing the back of his head.
Tam rolled his eyes.
"What I mean... is that you could hail Fitz. Or message him." Tam stated.
"I've tried that. He's not answering back." Keefe sighed.
"What about Biana?" Tam questioned.
"..."
Tam smirked at Keefe.
"Use your brain. I know it's difficult but Keefe, it's there for a reason." Tam teased.
"Shut up." Keefe scowled, feeling embarrassed now.

Keefe rested his head on Tam's shoulder as they continued to walk alongside each other on the sand. Tam tensed up for a moment but he relaxed into it.
Keefe sighed softly.
"... I'm worried about Fitz figuring these feelings out though." Keefe stated.
"I mean, he has never liked a guy before and you know how much of a snob and stuffy noble he is."
Tam let out a sigh.

"He's going to be in denial about it." Tam stated.
"I mean, I remember being in denial about liking boys in general. I always tried to tell myself to like girls cause it was the norm, but whenever I'd try to be romantic with a girl, I felt disgusting."
"But I kept trying to be... 'straight' because I felt as though I had to like girls. I never accepted that I could like boys until... well a while. But I did it with Linh's help."
Tam looked at Keefe.
Keefe lifted his head and he raised his eyebrows.
"... So...? "Keefe urged Tam to get on with the point he attempted to make.
Tam sighed.

"God, I don't understand why I'm into stupid guys..." Tam mumbled under his breath.
"What was that?" Keefe asked, looking at Tam in confusion.
Tam smiled at Keefe.
"I couldn't have gone through that without Linh. She helped me and she was a huge role in me not being in denial about being gay." Tam said.
"You're Fitz's best friend, he knows you're bisexual, he knows you're accepting of that stuff. You need to be there for him during this stage."
Keefe stared at Tam and he felt his heart flutter.
"Mmh... right." Keefe took a deep breath.
"Okay, I'll hail Biana and ask if he's feeling sick, and then if he is and if it's nothing contagious, I'll go."
Tam hummed.

"Good. I probably need to go anyways. Linh wanted to spend some time together, apparently she has a little crush on someone and she wants to talk about it." Tam said.
Keefe raised his eyebrows.
"Our Linh is in love? Will you tell me who it is?" Keefe asked.
"You didn't tell me who Fitz may be having love problems with, so no. Plus, I don't trust you with that information." Tam said, scrunching up his nose.

"You like to meddle."
"I do not like to meddle-!" Keefe began.
"You're the one who told Fitz he was in love and is causing him to feel weird and not knowing what is happening. You love meddling." Tam said, leaning in closer to Keefe, whispering the last sentence.
Keefe felt his heart just go crazy and he groaned.

"Tam, one day you're gonna be the death of me." Keefe said quietly, resting his forehead against Tam's.
Tam gulped as they got so close. Keefe felt the emotions flooding in from Tam and he sighed softly.
Tam backed away and smiled at Keefe.
"Go check on Fitz. He needs you." Tam said, patting Keefe's chest.
"... Once you've helped him, and that's all resolved... I think we need to have a talk, just us two."
Keefe bit his lower lip, smiling.
"Mmh, right. Okay." Keefe nodded.
"I'll let you know once it's resolved."
Tam nodded as he backed away, grabbing his crystal to Solreef from his pocket.

"See you around, Sencen."
"See ya, Bangs Boy."
Keefe waved at Tam as Tam held the crystal up and light-leapt away.
Keefe sighed softly as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

God, if Fitz had just accepted his feelings, Keefe totally could've gotten Tam to be his boyfriend by now!!

Oh well, time to make sure Fitz wasn't contagious with a disease before trying to be there for him while he had a whole crisis about his sexuality and... let's be honest, his 'image' or the 'Vacker reputation'.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count:873