Chapter 4

Dex was in his room, calmly just sketching out some ideas for some gadgets he thought could be useful or just fun to make.

Dex was already in some pyjamas as he hated being in the Foxfire uniform when his mind was finally giving him the inspiration and motivation he needed. For once Lex, Bex and Rex weren't bothering him. Maybe he gave off some bad energy when he came home...

Was Dex really to blame? Ever since earlier that morning, what Fitz said to him... he couldn't get that interaction out of his mind. His feelings were all over the place.
He wasn't even sure if he had feelings for Fitz Vacker anymore. And it was a good thing, because let's be honest, they were never going to become a couple.
At least now Dex can move on, knowing that Fitz always thought of him as unlucky and unfortunate for being raised in such a loving household.

...

Okay, well maybe Dex was a little unlucky. But not because of his parents relationship or because he had triplets as younger siblings or because his dad was talentless. It was because of the assholes who always told Dex that they couldn't be friends with him due to that background. Those people who'd look down at him and bully him.

But he knew what Fitz meant. And he didn't mean it in the way that Dex got ridiculed for his family, he meant it in the way that his family had a bad reputation and weren't seen as noble or as high and mighty as the Vacker family.
And Dex was just extremely frustrated with his silly crush of his, I mean, it was confusing. The way he'd like Fitz one minute but then get upset with Fitz the next.
How could someone so, so cute be so dumb and oblivious?

"Dex! One of your friends is here to see you!"
Dex blinked when he heard his mother call for him.
A friend? Who would be visiting him?
Dex got up from his desk and he made his way out of his room. It was strangely calm and quiet upstairs. Dex made his way to the staircase and went down them. He then headed towards the front door and he froze when he seen the triplets around Fitz.

"Woah, you're really Dex's friend?!" Bex asked.
"I didn't know he could be friends with someone this attractive!"
Fitz seemed nervous and a little uncomfortable.
"Uh, yeah... I am." Fitz said.
Dex didn't know how he was feeling. Well for one, he was embarrassed for being in his pyjamas while Fitz Vacker was in his home. But Fitz hadn't noticed him, so perhaps he could run up to his room and get changed out of his pyjamas and-
That was when Fitz looked up and their eyes locked.

Dex gulped and his face turned red. Fitz looked at him up and down.
"Hey." Fitz said, waving at Dex.
Dex fiddled with his hands, quickly going over.
"Shoo, you little rascals." Dex scowled, gently pushing Rex, Lex and Bex away.
"Awh boo!" Bex stuck her tongue out at Dex.
"You're in such a mean mood today!" Rex exclaimed, pouting.
"Yeah! What gives Dex?!" Lex also exclaimed, frowning at Dex.
Dex shot a glare at his siblings and they didn't say anything back, storming off.

Dex looked at Fitz.
"You really think you can call me your friend?" Dex scowled.
Fitz seemed to gulp.
"I was rude earlier, I know." Fitz said.
Dex crossed his arms and stared at Fitz.
"You think?" Dex questioned.
Fitz hung his head low and he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Let me make it up to you." Fitz said, looking at Dex.
"You honestly think you can apologise by... what? Doing something for me?" Dex asked, raising his eyebrows.

Fitz took a deep breath.
"I will..." Fitz hesitated.
"I'll take care of the triplets for a day, so you can have the day to yourself and relax."
Dex blinked at Fitz.
"This is a joke, right?" Dex smiled at Fitz.
"You don't like 'burdens to society', last I checked."
Dex stared at Fitz who seemed to now glare at him.

"Dex. I didn't mean it, I was just-" Fitz began.
"You did mean it, Fitz." Dex said.
"I know you meant it because you are, and always have and will be, a privileged, snobby and stuck-up guy who only cares about a person and a family's reputation."
Fitz had to bite his tongue as he restrained himself from scolding back. Dex watched how Fitz seemed to restrain himself.

"I'm not accepting your offer to take care of the triplets. I'm not accepting your apology. I need something more genuine than that." Dex said.
"So, if you please can leave my home and never talk badly about my family again, I'd appreciate it."
Dex pointed his hand to the front door and stared directly into Fitz's eyes. Fitz stared right back into Dex's eyes.

"Dex, I really am sorry." Fitz said softly.
"After you just... snapped, I sort of processed what you told me and I felt bad. I know that it was wrong for me to say that and-"
"Leave, please." Dex said, trying his best to not give into his emotions and let Fitz away with it.
Fitz heard the crack in Dex's voice and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Dex-" Fitz attempted to speak.
Dex rubbed his eyes and he sighed.
"Fitz! You've done more than enough today!" Dex scolded, glaring at the Telepath.
"You need to leave, before I-"
Dex stopped himself.
"Ugh, whatever. Just leave. Now."
Fitz stared at Dex, at his face. There was something about his emotions that he couldn't understand. He was clearly pissed off but there was something else there. Fitz couldn't tell what it was though.

"Okay."Fitz said, raising his hands up in defense.
"But I'm not gonna stop apologising until you accept."
Fitz took a few steps back, smiling at Dex. Dex's heart began to beat like crazy as Fitz hit him with his signature charming smile.
Dex scoffed and he looked away. He couldn't let himself get charmed by Fitz's wondrous smile.
"Not happening, Wonderboy!" Dex scowled.
Fitz hummed in response as he turned around and opened the front door, leaving the building. Dex quickly went over and slammed the door shut, locking it.
Dex slammed his head against the door and he let out a whine.

This crush on Fitz was so tiring and confusing.

Fitz, on the other hand, began to scheme in his head what he could do to get Dex to forgive him.
He was only doing this because Keefe would bother him about giving up so easily. This is just to make sure Keefe doesn't bother him! He doesn't care for Dex's forgiveness, he cares about not being annoyed to death by his best friend!

Though, seeing Dex so upset at him did make Fitz feel a little... strange. He was sure it was nothing.
He was Fitz Vacker! The golden boy! He was apart of a prestigious family! He was fine. Perfectly fine.

...

Fitz was perfectly fine and no way in hell was Keefe right about him falling for a boy, let alone falling for Dex Dizznee.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1206