Chapter 14

Fitz sighed as he took a seat by a table in the library. Dex was giggling as he took a seat next to Fitz.
"It's not funny!" Fitz exclaimed, resting his head on Dex's shoulder.
Dex smiled at Fitz and laughed.
"Haha! It is! Your face when you were pleading me to save you! I can't believe those girls are so dense to believe you actually enjoy their company every day!" Dex exclaimed.
Fitz grumbled as he looked at Dex.

"I'm so sick and tired of them..." Fitz sighed, snuggling closer to Dex.
Dex's cheeks were red and he tried to ignore his fluttering heart.
"Well, it's your fault for being so handsome. If you tried to make yourself look bad, maybe they'd stop bothering you!" Dex exclaimed.
Fitz rolled his eyes.
"Wow, thanks for calling me handsome, Dexter~" Fitz grinned at Dex as he lifted his head from his shoulder.
Dex huffed and looked away, causing Fitz to laugh.

"Geez, you get flustered easily." Fitz said, nudging Dex.
"You're too close." Dex stated.
"And stop calling me Dexter. I don't like it."
Fitz hummed.
"And if I don't stop calling you Dexter?" Fitz asked, tilting his head at Dex.
"I'll start calling you Fitzroy." Dex said, looking at Fitz.
Dex grinned as he seen how Fitz glared at him.

"Haha, god. Why do you hate your name so much?" Dex questioned.
"As much as I like being a prestigious guy, my name is too fancy for me. It makes me sound more of a snob." Fitz stated, running his fingers through his hair.
Dex hummed.
"And what about Fitzy~?" Dex grinned.
"I mean, all the girls call you that and you hate it."
Fitz looked at Dex.

"... I don't mind it if you call me that." Fitz mumbled, his cheeks turning red as he glanced away.
Dex blinked from surprise and he felt his own cheeks warm up as well.
"... Stop saying weird stuff all the time." Dex grumbled, gently shoving Fitz.
Fitz smiled as he looked at how flustered Dex got.
"Haha, but it's fun seeing you get all red." Fitz said.
Fitz wrapped his arm around Dex's shoulder and sighed.

"What do you have next anyways?" Fitz asked.
"Mmh, I think I have Elvin History and then Alchemy at the end." Dex said, trying to not focus on Fitz's arm around him.
"That sounds boring." Fitz sighed out.
"Hey, maybe we could hang out after school?"
Fitz looked at Dex.
Dex raised his eyebrows at Fitz.

"You wanna hang out?" Dex questioned.
"Yeah. Uh, I know a place." Fitz smiled.
"It's peaceful... and well, it'll be fun."
Dex squinted his eyes at Fitz.
"Mmh... okay." Dex said.
"I'll meet you by my locker and we can head there as soon as the school day's over."
Fitz grinned as he pulled Dex closer.
"Great, we have a plan then!" Fitz exclaimed.
Dex felt his heart beat faster as Fitz pulled him closer. He could smell Fitz's cologne and god, it made his heart flutter.
"Mmh... Yeah..." Dex mumbled.

They haven't officially hung out outside of school yet, so this was a strange change.
But... Dex was looking forward to this.

*****

Dex kept glancing about as he hung by his locker. He was a little worried about Fitz, unsure where he was. That was until Dex heard many female voices and looked over towards the direction he heard the voices.
Fitz noticed Dex and he managed to smile at Dex. Dex snickered at Fitz.
'I'm suffering, please help.' Fitz had transmitted into Dex's mind.
Dex sighed as he walked over and he shot a friendly smile at the girls around Fitz.
"Ah there you are!" Dex exclaimed, taking Fitz's hand.
"I was worried you ditched me! Sorry ladies, Fitz and I had plans~!"

The girls seemed to scoff.
"You always seem to steal Fitz away from us every time we're around him."
"Yeah, Dex, are you trying to keep him to yourself?"
Dex blinked and he grinned.
"And if I was?" Dex questioned.
Fitz raised his eyebrows.
"Dex-" Fitz began.
Dex smiled at Fitz and then looked back at the girls who all seemed to glare at him.
"Haha, even if I was. Fitz doesn't mind me stealing him away." Dex said.
"So~ let's go!"
Dex held onto Fitz's hand and tugged on it, walking off with Fitz following behind.