Chapter 16

Lunches usually consisted of Fitz, Dex, Keefe and Tam nowadays. They began to spend a little more time together while they left Linh, Biana and Sophie together with Marella, Maruca and Jensi to spend lunch with.

It's not as if Biana and the others minded. They just thought that those four needed their little 'double dates', even though none of them were dating yet, it was painfully obvious how in love they were. At least Keefe and Tam were aware of each other's feelings while Fitz and Dex were still clueless.

Keefe and Tam stared at Fitz and Dex across the table. Fitz was teasing Dex, as he had his arm around him. Dex's face was red and he tried to be as cocky as Fitz was, attempting to tease Fitz back which caused him to blush as well.

"... How can they act more like a couple than we do?" Keefe whispered to Tam, looking at his... well, his soon-to-be boyfriend.
"Cause when you believe the other doesn't like you and think they're comfortable being close, you'll be as close and touchy as you can." Tam whispered back.
"But once you acknowledge each other's feelings, it's stranger to be as close at first."
Tam locked eyes with Keefe and Keefe hummed, staring at him.
Tam felt his cheeks warm and he looked away, shuffling away from Keefe.
"Haha, your point seems accurate." Keefe said, smiling at Tam.
"Shut up." Tam huffed.

Keefe looked back at Dex and Fitz.
He smiled slightly. He hadn't seen Fitz this happy in a little while. He didn't feel any sort of tense emotions from him whenever they were around Dex.

"Fitzy~ you shouldn't tease our technopath so much, his poor heart won't be able to handle it any longer." Keefe grinned.
Dex looked at Keefe and shot a glare while Keefe had that mischievous grin on his face.
Fitz sighed and rolled his eyes as he unwrapped his arm from Dex and looked at Keefe.
"Keefe..." Fitz said.
Tam sighed and he glared at Keefe.
"Quit meddling." Tam scowled.
Keefe smiled at Tam.
"Hey, I can't help it!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Seriously Fitz... I'm starting to feel uncomfortable just being around you two."
Keefe faced his two friends across the table.
"Haha, what do you mean? We're not doing anything that should make you uncomfortable." Dex said, smiling at Keefe.
"Yeah, it's just playful banter." Fitz said.
Keefe hummed, squinting his eyes at the two. Tam elbowed Keefe and Keefe frowned as he rubbed his arm from where Tam had hit him.

Keefe began to scowl at Tam and Tam scowled back. Fitz sighed as the two began to bicker.
Fitz looked at Dex.
"They're so ridiculous. I'm surprised they like each other." Fitz said, leaning in closer to Dex.
Dex felt his heart flutter as Fitz leaned in closer. He was never going to get used to how close Fitz would get with him.

"Haha, they are perfect for each other though." Dex said.
"I mean, Tam keeps Keefe a bit less chaotic. Even their bickering is different than it used to be."
Fitz glanced at Tam and Keefe and he could tell Keefe was less intense with his scowling and scolding with Tam.
"Mmh... they're idiots in love." Fitz said.
"Yeah..." Dex sighed softly, looking at Fitz.
Fitz looked at Dex and smiled at him.
Dex looked away, his stomach churning and he smiled to himself. He enjoyed moments like these, he's been enjoying them a lot more recently though.

For a few days, he's felt... like perhaps the feelings he has for Fitz could be mutual. I mean, with the way Fitz acts around him...isn't it obvious? And Dex has spoken with Tam about this, and Tam claims that he believes the feelings are mutual too.
Dex didn't want to get his hopes up... but his heart couldn't stop trying to tell him that it must be mutual. So, he went with his heart.

Tam and Keefe stopped bickering and Fitz and Dex had stopped chatting as someone came over to their table. They all looked over at the other prodigy who came towards the table and he stood there, staring at Fitz.