Chapter 35

Dex sort of flinched when his imparter went off.

It was...maybe 12am? He wasn't sure. Ever since the triplets went to bed at 10pm, Dex has just been tinkering and sketching out ideas again. His parents went to bed at 11pm, he knew that much...
So...who would be up at this hour too? And who'd message him?

Dex picked up his imparter as he seen it was a message from Fitz. Dex sort of frowned when he read it.
'Can I come over for the night? xx'
Dex began to type out a message and once he sent it, he shoved his imparter into the pocket of his sweatpants and got up from his desk. Dex made his way out of his room and down the stairs to wait outside for Fitz.

*****

Dex was sat on the porch, looking about. Nearly 15 minutes passed since he messaged Fitz back.
Dex fiddled with his imparter as he looked around. As soon as he saw Fitz appear, he stood up and Fitz shoved his crystal into a bag he seemed to have packed.

Dex looked at Fitz as Fitz noticed him and Fitz gave Dex a weak smile as he approached him.
"Hey-" Fitz began.
Dex quickly wrapped his arms around Fitz and pulled him into a hug.
"Is everything okay?" Dex asked softly, still holding onto Fitz.
Fitz seemed to freeze up for a moment but he laughed softly as he buried his face into Dex's shoulder and hugged Dex back.
"Just...stay like this with me for a few more seconds." Fitz mumbled.
Dex held Fitz as close as he could and kissed Fitz's head.
"Okay..."

After a few minutes, the two boys had went inside the house and quietly made their way to Dex's room.
They were on Dex's bed. Fitz had his head on Dex's lap and Dex was just playing with Fitz's hair.
"So...you wanna tell me why you wanted to stay the night here?" Dex asked.
"Everglen didn't have that homey vibe tonight." Fitz stated, staring up at Dex.
"That dinner...mmh, it gave me a lot of anxiety. I heard my mother and Biana scowling at my dad too... I did try to use the ring."
Fitz fiddled with the ring on his finger.
"But...it just made me want to see you."

Dex sighed softly and he took his hands away from Fitz's hair. Fitz smiled at Dex and Dex gave a weak smile back at Fitz.
"How bad was dinner?" Dex asked.
"I think Lord Vincent and his daughter know I'm dating you and are keeping it on the down low from my dad, but...his daughter did nearly out me." Fitz explained, still fiddling with the ring Dex had given him just a few hours ago.
Dex scoffed slightly.
"Seriously?" Dex huffed.
"Wow, I'm guessing she has a crush on you. Image being that petty-"
"Dex...please." Fitz smiled softly.
"I just...I need to be with you right now. I don't want to talk more about this."
Fitz took one of Dex's hands and kissed the palm of it. Dex felt his cheeks heat up and he smiled.

"God, okay. Sit up so I can properly kiss you at least."
Fitz laughed as he sat up and faced Dex.
"Ooh, making out while everyone else is asleep~?" Fitz grinned at Dex.
Dex grinned as he shuffled closer to Fitz and decided to sit on Fitz's lap.
"Don't make this weird, Vacker." Dex said, raising his eyebrows at Fitz.
"Says the guy who's on my lap?" Fitz questioned, wrapping his arms around Dex's waist.
Dex bit his lower lip and smiled.
"Okay, I'm gonna kiss you now." Dex said, quickly leaning in.

Fitz would've made a retort back but Dex smashed his lips on his, making Fitz melt as he kissed Dex back, shutting his eyes. Dex's hands rested on Fitz's chest and the kiss was sweet and gentle at first. The kiss slowly became a bit more passionate as Dex slightly tilted his head. Fitz was definitely surprised by Dex taking it slightly further, but he didn't particularly mind it.
Fitz held Dex closer to him and after a few more moments of kissing, they pulled away slightly to catch their breaths.

"You're...you're taking initiative this time, it's weird." Fitz said, glancing at Dex's lips before looking into his eyes.
Dex bit his lower lip and brought his hands up to Fitz's cheeks, gently rubbing them with his thumbs.
"Is it bad?" Dex asked.
"It's wonderful." Fitz breathed out.
"But...I thought you weren't comfortable-"
"I hate the thought of someone thinking they could out you and take you as theirs." Dex cut Fitz off.