Chapter 22

A/N: Okay, two quick lil notes before y'all read this chapter!
So, I know that money isn't really as valuable as it is in the human world in the Lost Cities but I find that stupid, so that's different. And a little later on there will be a character I completely made up as it aligns with what I have planned for the plot of this fanfic, so if you do not recognise the character, that's why! 

---------------------------------------------------------

Dex couldn't stop staring at the restaurant he and Fitz were stood outside of.

"Uhm... are we... allowed to be in a restaurant by ourselves?" Dex asked.
"It's not as if we're 10 years old." Fitz smiled at Dex.
"Plus, my dad had connections to this place. I can get us a good deal, the owner knows us."
"So, does the owner know you're on a date?" Dex asked.
Fitz hesitated.
"Well... I said I'd eat with someone else, but I didn't say it was a date... just in case he told my dad." Fitz stated.
Dex hummed.
"Right, okay." Dex said.

"Uh... so is this place like fancy and filled with snobs?"
"Oh, yeah."
"You do realize if people recognise my crest then they'll give me stink-eyes?"
"Haha, you'll be fine. C'mon."

Fitz had led the way, holding onto Dex's hand. Dex couldn't stop staring at their hands. He felt... happy. Fitz said it'd take him time to show this sort of affection in public and yet... he seemed to be fine with hand-holding. Dex couldn't stop smiling at that.
Though, his smile faded as he now kept looking around the restaurant, seeing how big and how expensive it looked. He was scared to even walk around in case he decided to be clumsy and break something.

Fitz did everything. He talked to the person by the front and got them their table.
So once they made it to their table, Fitz let go of Dex's hand and pulled a chair out. Dex felt his cheeks warm as he took the seat and Fitz tucked the chair in. Dex's heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. Fitz then took the seat across from Dex and a waiter came by, setting down the menus and giving the boys a smile before walking off.

Dex took a deep breath as he gently unclasped his cape and draped it on the chair.
"This place is huge." Dex said, looking about.
Fitz picked up the menu and smiled.
"It's not that big." Fitz said, shrugging.
"Don't look at the prices, I'll pay for it."
Dex picked up a menu and he instantly looked at the prices. He nearly choked on the air.

"W-whoa! Fitz, no, this is too much-!" Dex exclaimed, looking at Fitz wide-eyed.
Fitz seemed to smile.
"Haha, is it?" Fitz tilted his head.
"This is one of the cheapest restaurants I've been to."
Dex blinked.
"Cheapest?"Dex questioned, glancing at the prices again.
"Fitz, I'll feel bad if you pay for it-"
"Geez, you need to relax." Fitz said, reaching over for Dex's hand.
He held Dex's hand and Dex gulped as he looked at Fitz who was simply smiling at him.

"It's a date. I'm happy to pay for it." Fitz said.
Dex felt guilty.
"I-if you insist... but the next time, I'll take you somewhere and I'll pay for it all!" Dex exclaimed.
Fitz couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.
"Okay, okay. Whatever makes you feel better." Fitz said.
Dex sighed out and frowned as he looked at the different foods for the starter, main and dessert. As well as the drinks.

"Can I pick like the cheapest options-?"
"Dex, pick whatever you'd like. I honestly don't mind."
"Okay but Fitz-"

"Are you ready to order some drinks?"
Dex jumped slightly and looked at the waiter who smiled at them. Fitz smiled back.
"Two glasses of lushberry juice, please." Fitz said.
The waiter noted it down on a little notepad and nodded.
"Are we ready to order food or shall I take your order when I have your drinks?" The waiter asked.
"We'll order in a few moments." Fitz smiled politely.
The waiter nodded and walked off, allowing the boys to have more time to decide what they wanted.