Chapter 26

"My dad keeps asking when you'll come over again." Dex said, looking at Fitz as they walked the halls of Foxfire, hand in hand, making their way to the cafeteria to catch up with their friends.
Fitz smiled.
"I didn't know your dad loved me so much." Fitz said, his tone slightly teasing and flattered.
Dex rolled his eyes.
"Apparently he does. And my mother wants you to come over for dinner too. The triplets even keep promising to behave if you visit." Dex stated.
"You have some sort of weird charm on us Dizznees, Fitz." 
"It's just the Vacker charm." Fitz grinned at Dex.

Dex felt his face scrunch up.
"Sometimes I forget you grew up with Keefe until you say or do things that seem Keefe-like." Dex said, sort of judging his boyfriend.
Fitz frowned.
"Hey-" Fitz began.
Dex quickly reached up and pecked Fitz's cheek. Fitz stayed silent for a moment, his cheeks turning red.
"Hahaha, I found a way to shut you up." Dex grinned at Fitz.
Fitz grumbled as he looked at Dex. He was going to glare at the younger male but...ugh, he just couldn't. Dex's face was too adorable and his emotions of annoyance just faded away.
"Well, it's not as if I mind it." Fitz mumbled, a slight pout on his face.
Dex smiled as he squeezed Fitz's hand.
"Awh, glad to know you like my kisses." Dex said.
"Well you are my boyfriend, it'd be strange if I didn't." Fitz smiled at Dex.
The two just smiled at each other but...their moment was quickly ruined.

"Fitz?!"

Fitz nearly jumped as he heard a lot of high-pitched, female voices basically scream his name from behind. Dex took a deep breath to brace himself as Fitz turned around and Dex also turned around with him. A group of Fitz's fangirls were following them.
"Good afternoon, ladies." Fitz said, managing to smile.
Dex didn't say anything, he looked at the girl's faces and seen how they frowned, glared at him, or even were about to cry from the sight of him and Fitz together.

"Wha- When-" A girl struggled to speak.
"Since when are you dating Dex Dizznee?!" Another girl exclaimed.
"Since when are you gay?!" Yet another one exclaimed.
"Why did you pick someone who's so much less prestigious than us?!"
Dex really, really wanted to throw some punches.
Fitz kept up this smile on his face, this kind facade.
"I'm not gay, actually." Fitz said, using his free hand to rub his neck nervously.
"I don't know what I am but I am both attracted to boys and girls."
Dex looked at Fitz and he watched his facial expressions. He was ready to drag Fitz away as soon as he got uncomfortable or overwhelmed.
"And I started dating Dex a few days ago, and I'm dating him because I love him and want to be with him in a romantic relationship."
Dex was incredibly impressed with how calm and collected Fitz seemed as he answered the girl's questions. Fitz, on the other hand, only felt this calm and confident emotion because he had his boyfriend right next to him, holding his hand. 

The girls looked at Fitz.
"Right...but like...Fitzy-" One of them began.
"Maybe don't call my boyfriend by that silly nickname?" Dex butted in.
"I mean...it makes me uncomfortable and I'm sure Fitz would rather his partner call him silly nicknames like that."
Oh Dex kinda loved being able to call Fitz his boyfriend in front of these stuck up prodigies.
"...Yes, uhm...Fitz. Dex is not noble, nor a girl, soo...how is your father going to feel about that?"
Fitz let out a sigh and he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Ladies, I'd like it if Dex and I can go ahead and get lunch and talk to our friends. So, excuse us." Fitz said, completely ignoring the question.
"But-!" 

Fitz turned around and Dex blinked as Fitz now dragged him along.
"Woah, the Fitz Vacker not allowing a woman to finish her sentence and just leaving?" Dex gasped, teasing Fitz.
Fitz smiled at Dex.
"This is because you and Keefe have convinced me that being 'perfect' isn't that important." Fitz stated.
"Ooh, well thank god we did." Dex grinned.
Fitz rolled his eyes.
"C'mon, we gotta get going. Otherwise Keefe will tease us for 'making out'." Fitz said.
"Ugh, hate it when he does that." Dex grumbled.
"Exactly, let's go."

Dex really was happy with how their relationship was going. I mean... Fitz really didn't seem to care about his reputation anymore.
It made Dex...well, thrilled. Because it gave him all this hope that they'd spend the rest of their lives together, that...Fitz will be happy with going with the choice of following his heart instead of trying to be the perfect golden boy for his family name and image.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 763