Chapter Five 🌹

His brothers had just left when the door to Yibo's room opened again and a man peeked.

"Hello!" he said and raised his hands holding a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"Bro" greeted Yibo.

Li Bowen, an actor, friend of his and also a racer.

"How are you, buddy?" he asked Yibo.

"I nearly lost my left leg," said Yibo clenching his jaw. Then pointed to the chair next to his bed. "Make yourself comfortable," when he caught a glimpse of the wine Bowen was carrying. "What's that for?"

His friend grinned and opened the bottle of expensive wine and poured one shot each into the glass. He handed one glass to him which he hesitantly accepted.

"One shot to smoothen some rough edges, buddy..." Bowen answered.

Yeah," Yibo nodded. "I guess I needed this," at drank the wine in one shot. "That bastard almost killed me, bro, I could kill him for this" Yibo added angrily.

Li Bowen let out a sigh. "Charles was a dirty player, I know, and was a fool to endanger both your lives. But you've done him some damage, too. He never made it to the finish line as he planned. You were brought to the same hospital..."

Yibo's eyes narrowed. "With only minor bruises while I can't race for a long time!" he said angrily. Then gently calm himself down by taking a deep breath. "Or maybe never, Bown," he added softly, with regrets and bitterness in his voice.

There was a long silence. Bowen took his time sipping his wine. He glanced at the clean wound on his friend's forehead. He felt sorry for his friend. Yibo would have made a name as a racer.

"The doctors said it will take a long time befor I can fully use my leg," Yibo added. Frustration all over the handsome face.

"I can understand what you feel, Yibo," Bowen said with sympathy. "But there's more to life thatn car racing..."

"Really? What would you do if you were in my place?" Yibo asked his friend with a challenge and mockery in his voice.

"To tell you frankly, I wouldn't know." Bowen looked straight at him. "But one thing is sure, buddy, I'd be grateful I'm alive for my family..."

🌹 🌹 🌹

"Please Charles, anyone could come in and--" Zhan averted his face when the man tried to kiss him.

"We are in a private room Zhan. No one's going to disturb us," he continued hugging and trying to kiss Zhan. At that time, Zhan couldn't keep his lips away. He kissed him while laying him down on the hospital bed.

"C-Charles... your chest might--"

"Don't believe the doctors, honey," Charles said while continuing to kiss him. "I don't have a fractured chest. I'm having my discharge paper tomorrow..."

Zhan gave in. Isn't that really what it's like to have a boyfriend? Charles was his first boyfriend and neither his dad nor Haoxuan knew. His cousin will be angry when he finds out that his boyfriend is the cause of Wang Yibo's accident.

He met him in Colorado two months ago through a common friend. He was ten years older and he thought Charles is matured enough. They dated a few times. Both are clean dates until he finds out that Charles is a car racer. He invited Zhan to watch the race and he immediately agreed. Not because he is interested in car racing but because of the handsome American guy.

Two days before the race Charles leaves for the race and Zhan promised to come on the first day of the race which he did. Hexane was the excused he used to Fengmian, who Zhan think could barely hear him due to drunkenness. And Zhan left the house in a hurry. He was there to cheer for Charles, but with his own eyes he saw how Charles hit with Yibo's car. And before his very eyes, he saw Wang Yibo's car crashed into the side.