Chapter Eighteen 🌹

"Who was that sexy brunette? Isn't he too young for your taste. Yibo Ge?" Ziyi said to her brother who was sitting on the swivel chair and seemed to be thinking deeply. "I think that one is only eighteen, ah."

"Did you see him outside?" Yibo asked her instead.

Ziyi's beautiful forehead furrowed slightly. Was it an excitement that she saw in his brother's eyes?

"Who is he? A new conquest? Sweet at the beginning but after a couple of dates, there's someone new for replacement? Or is he the one who we called the commercial break between you and Zhou Fei?" she said in a gentle sarcasm. "Anyway, you and Zhou Fei have been together for two months and it's surprising that you're still with her..."

"I have an appointment, do you need anything from me?" He ignored what his sister was saying and adjusted his thing in the attaché case.

Ziyi shrugged her shoulders. "I have a favor." she smiled and pouted her lips, "I would like to leave your niece with you later because Zoucheng and I are going somewhere." when Yibo was about to protest, Ziyi immediately cut him. "Her nanny is with her, Ge. And one more thing, right, you don't date on Saturday evenings because you like waking up early the next morning for Beijing Polo Club?"

"Wrong, brat," Yibo said as he closed his attaché case. "I have a date tonight with that young and sexy brunette you met outside. And at home. And you can cancel your date."

Ziyi's eyes widened. "Date at your house! Ge, since when have you brought your date to your house?" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"Starting tonight." Yibo stood up and picked up the coat from the chair. "And I can't help it, brat. That brunette happened to be my husband."

"Oh!" Ziyi exclaimed when her brother's words registered in her mind. Too stunned to say anything. After she recovered from the shock, she suddenly turned around and hurried out.

"Where is... is... Mrs. Wang?" she asked Yibo's secretary.

It was half past eleven when Yibo got home. After his sports car was parked, he used his personal key to enter.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

It was half past eleven when Yibo got home. After his sports car was parked, he used his personal key to enter.

The whole house was quiet and maybe Zhan couldn't wait for him. He must have fallen asleep waiting for him.

Funny, but he doesn't remember rushing home in the middle of the meeting. And if he was the one who to be followed, he wouldn't come to the club to treat their clients. And he intended to stay at the club for a while and was going home right away but he saw the Chao couple Mark and Yang Mi there, celebrating their anniversary privately. And his night got longer.

"Are you with us, buddy?" Mark asked with a laugh because Yibo's mind seemed to be far away.

"You've been restless, Yibo," said one of the two clients he brought to that club. "Do you have a previous appointment?"

Yibo smiled sheepishly and glanced at Yang Mi who he thinks has become even more beautiful after two children. Her eyes were asking him questions even though she didn't speak.

"As a matter of fact, I promised to dine with someone." Yibo glanced at his watch. "It's quarter past nine, I might make it still, if you'll just let me go."

He tried to hide his irritation as those at the table laughed. He smiled faintly.

"C'mon, lover boy," said the second client. "You can send a bunch of roses tomorrow to whoever you're talking to today. Knowing your charm, Yibo, she'll melt in your arms like honey.

It's rare for you and Mark Chao to spend the same night with us, together with his lovely wife." He glanced at Yang Mi who smiled sweetly.

And he can't do nothing but stay in the group. And for the first time in his life, he got bored with the company of friends.

Except for the light outside, it is dark inside the house. And he accidentally stepped on something that suddenly made a noise and almost knocked him down.

"Dammit!" he whispered and reached for the lampshade switch next to the sofa. "What is--- a barbie doll!"

He still couldn't figure out why there was a barbie doll on the floor when he turned his attention to the other children's toys scattered on the tiled floor. He looked up and shook his head. Dropped the toy and headed for the stairs.

There were three rooms upstairs and he was sure that Zhan was not in his room, although, subconsciously, at the corner of his mind he hoped to see Zhan there.

He tried the first bedroom. The door was unlocked and there was dim light from the lampshade. He went in and on the bed was Zhan fast asleep holding his two year old niece around his arm.

He stepped closer and carefully sat on the edge of the bed and silently observed the two. There was some warmth that caressed his chest at the scene. Whatever it was, he couldn't give the strange feeling a name.

Zhan was so serene in his sleep with a two-year-old baby in his arms.

What is happening to him? Just this morning when the receptionist said that Zhan was downstairs, something seemed to punch him in the stomach. And when Zhan showed at the door, he was really stunned although he tried not to register it on his face. What does Zhan call that? The ugly duckling turned out to be a swan?

And several hundred times he asked himself why he couldn't stop himself to kiss Zhan earlier in the office. And he almost lost his mind while he possesses Zhan lips. His lips were warm, soft and sweet.

A small smile appeared on Yibo's lips as he stared at his sleeping husband tenderly. He wasn't such an ugly duckling then though he wasn't as beautiful as he was now.

And why he invited Zhan to stay in his house, he didn't know. The words just come out from his mouth. And he hated those paparazzi torturing Zhan and he'll certainly couldn't handle the reporters as soon as the news came out if he stayed at Haoxuan's mansion.

Although he didn't contact Zhan for the last three and a half years, he couldn't get his husband's face out of his mind before he passed out in his tattoo artist friend's apartment. Yibo hated himself then, after his gust of anger subsided. Even he himself could not believe that he had done that.

Besides, only Haikuan knows what he did to Zhan. Even so, there was a big fight between him and his father when Quiren found out that his son-in-law had returned to Texas. A fight he didn't want to remember about. They had never been the same again. There has always been a wall between him and his father. Had it not been for his mother, he and Quiren probably wouldn't be talking anymore.