Chapter Seven 🌹

After an 18-hour trip, their flight landed at Beijing International Airport. And because he was near the door, Yibo didn't see Zhan anymore, except that he completely disappeared from his mind.

At the mansion, Yibo was just as surprised when his parents were not the only ones who are waiting for him. Chao Yang Mi and Mark Chao were there. Mark Chao greeted him first before Yibo's dad pulled him away.

"Hi, how are you?" Yang Mi asked when Yibo was released from his mother's embrace. Yibo pointed to the crutch. "An addition to my charm, don't you think so?" He mocks his self. Yang Mi smiled sympathetically. "Temporarily. Your leg will heal soon, and you'll be as good as new."

Yibo shrugged and looked fondly at Yang Mi. "Thank you for coming, how's A Li?" he asked while glancing at Mark Chao who was talking to Quiren and Haikuan.

"Oh, he's fine. He really wanted to come but Mark Chao and I said we'll just visit again with him. We were worried when we heard the news, Yibo," she said when he sat down.

Yibo didn't answer that and stared at the woman who first troubled his heart. "How are you?" he asked softly, then immediately added: "Oh, I don't need to ask? It's all over your face. You're glowing with happiness..."

A faint smile appeared on Yang Mi 's lips. "I'm so happy, Yibo, you knew that even before you left for Texas, didn't you?" Yibo replied with a nod. "But we don't have to talk about me. I am really so glad you came out alive, friend." she grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

Yibo let out a small laugh. "Bad grass, you know," he followed with a shrug. "Hell, but I hated this damn crutch and hated the pain in my left leg." His jaws clenched and he looked angrily at his left leg.

"It's been just over a month since the accident happened, Yibo, and remember that the nerves in your leg have been damaged. It's normal that you will feel pain for a while. Let's be thankful that the damaged didn't do you so much damage." she shivered at the thought because the first news is that Yibo can no longer walk.

She can't imagine how someone like Yibo would feel if he was paralyzed. Strong and healthy and full of life. She could already feel the bitterness and anger just because he was using crutches.