Chapter Twenty Nine 🌹

It's eleven o'clock." Yibo smiled slightly and opened the curtain. "We're leaving for Hacient Wang today, remember?"

"Do we really have to go?" Zhan said still sleepy. They went home at two o'clock in the morning. When he laid his body on the bed, he fell asleep immediately. Just then he lifted the blanket and found himself naked. And before he could ask, Yibo spoke.

"You drank a little too much last night," Yibo said fatly. "You didn't get to change your clothes anymore, so I took the privileged of undressing my husband."

That is not true. He knew he hadn't had much to drink. But he was too tired when they got home, his whole body was aching, and the champagne served as a sleep aid. Zhan raised his eyes to Yibo. "Did you I mean did you-sleep-"

"I know what you mean," Yibo answered in an emotionless voice. "I don't make love to a drunk, Zhan, just to satisfy myself. Love making is a two-way traffic. Besides, even if you were sober, I don't think you can take me again." Yibo tone suddenly changed, and he smiled at Zhan gently. "You're so fragile and I'm afraid my body will physically break you..."

That's when Zhan completely blushed. Then he saw the smile disappear from Yibo's lips as he speak again.

"And I wonder though how you never missed every piece last night with my father..." Yibo stood up and headed for the door. "Start packing while I'll make some calls."

Zhan quickly stood up and entered the bathroom. He smiled while mixing the water. His body was aching. From dancing and from making love? Who cares? Yesterday, Yibo made him feel complete and he would never regret it. And last night, he danced with her husband and... Wang Quiren. His only regret is that his husband only danced with him twice.

And maybe Yibo would laugh at him if he said it was the first party he really enjoyed. Zhan couldn't afford to party with friends in Colorado. Haoxuan won't let him and will be furious the moment he finds out. He was a married and must behave as such. In addition to that, he could not leave his little sister of the elderly caretaker couple who both had rheumatism.

That's why he was excited on his first night at the hotel that he invited Alen to the disco bar only to be hurried back to his room upstairs when he saw Yibo.

Alen! Zhan was stunned for a moment. How in the past few moments that Alen did not cross into his mind?

Boyfriend? Oh, dear lord, he has no right to call him boyfriend. And the way he feels now, Zhan is not sure he even wants to continue filing the annulment. Especially since Yibo won't agree.

Zhan quickly showered and quickly dressed and packed. He was ready and pulled out the big rolling suitcase. He was at the top of the stairs when he heard Yibo's voice talking with someone on the phone.

"I'll take Zhan to Hacienda Wang, Zhao Fei," he said. "Yes... I will also go home today. There is a meeting at QWC before Haikuan and his family leave for Houston with Mom. Yes... 'bye.' He hung up the phone. Yibo looked up when he heard him coming down. Greeted him and took his luggage.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

Yibo piloted the chopper to Haciend Wang. During the whole hour drive there was a long silence between the two of them. Zhan is looking at the sea and mountains and at the same time missing Colorado. He looked back at Yibo and asked thoughtfully.

"I-I heard... I... you told the person you talked to on the phone that Haikuan was with Aunt Carmen in——"

"You don't call your mother-in-law Aunt Carmen, Zhan," Yibo corrected him.

Yibo though didn't look at him. Zhan shrugged his shoulders and didn't answer that. Yibo continued. "Yifei is now due with their second child and Haikuan begged mother to come along because he will be busy with a series of meetings." Yibo did not said that it should be him the one going to Houston for the annual board meeting and he just asked Haikuan to do it for him instead.

The two did not talked again until Yibo landed the chopper on the airstrip.

"Villa Wang," Yibo announced proudly.

"Beautiful!" Zhan exclaimed when he got down and saw the entirety of the villa. Red bricks and adobe, white paint on other wood and mahogany on the balusters. "It looked like an old castle except without the tower. The villa at rancho Xiao is not that beautiful and big, Yibo."

Yibo took him by the arm and led him. "I'm glad you liked the place. At least, your stay here won't be boring."

Donya Lujin greeted her grandson at the villa's porch. YIbo planted a kiss on the old woman. Lujin gave her grandson a gentle pat on the face and turned to Zhan.

"I'm glad you're back, Zhan," Lujin greeted Zhan.

That was the second time Zhan saw the old lady. The day he returned home to Colorado, a few days after the wedding, the old woman took him to rancho Xiao and encouraged to stay.

"How are you?" Zhan gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Come on, grandson." he led him inside. "Tell me about your daddy. I'm sorry I couldn't go abroad when your father died..."