Chapter Forty Four 🌹

"Don't do this to me, Yibo," Zhan pleaded with him at the last moment. Yibo was in the pilot's seat and was revving the helicopter's engine. The rotors were turning while he is wearing aviator sunglasses. "What will I do in Hacienda in my condition?"

"You're a horse breaker, aren't you?" Yibo answered sarcastically while he slipped on his headset. "Your knowledge is a great thing for the hacienda and the rancho. I assure you, Zhan, you will not miss the days in the contiguous lands. Your service is very much needed there."

Zhan eyes narrowed. All his restraint will explode any moment. "If you think you can lock me up in Hacienda Xiao, then you are wrong!"

Yibo sneered. "You want to bet on that?" And let out a mocking smile. "If you ever escape the manor, where will you go? I have your passport."

Zhan suddenly check his bag and look for his passport, but it was not there. "You despicable son of a- give me back my passport!" Zhan yelled. "You have no right to keep that!"

Yibo didn't answer and concentrated on steering. Zhan's chest was heaving as he looked out of the chopper. In the square rice fields below that get smaller as they rise. Whatever he will say is irrelevant to this man beside him. It was wiser to remain silent. His only hope is the villa caretaker. He will ask for their help to take him from the capital to the docks. And as soon as he gets to Beijing he will call Haoxuan.

"Haoxuan's caretakers are old, Xiao Zhan," Yibo said after a moment.

"You don't want them to lose their homes. You may be a Xiao and they served your father for a long time, but I am closer to them than you. They will do whatever I command," he added as if guessing what was in his mind.

Zhan caught his breath. "I can't believe you are Quiren's son! And I hate you, Wang Yibo!"

At the mention of his father's name, Yibo's chest seemed to burn with anger. His nostrils flared that Zhan thought he was breathing out fire.

"What did you say to me years ago? We're a match. We both have no morale. We're worse than animals, aren't we?" Yibo was so angry that Zhan thought a fire was burning inside Yibo's body.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even understand you..." depression, anger and confusion mixed in Zhan's mind.

"You can play dumb and innocent as long as you want," Yibo continued. "But I won't touch you again. Keep that in your mind!"

"Why, thank you, my dear husband," Zhan mocked in equal anger. "You get tired of me that easily? And I thought you can't get enough of me and that you want my sweet, soft, and beautiful body? Isn't that what you whisper to me in the three times you claimed me? "

"I probably thought you were somebody else," Yibo said coldly.

"You-!" Zhan's hand slipped before he could stop herself. That caused Yibo to momentarily lose control of the steering wheel and the chopper overturned.

Yibo immediately recovered and the helicopter flew properly again. Zhan wanted to cry out of anger and resentment but stopped himself.

Yibo hated himself for the outright lie, but he wouldn't admit it. Why would he feel guilty, maybe in Zhan's consciousness during the time they had sex he is thinking about Wang Quiren and not him.

Yibo felt like laughing. How I wish your husband will break your heart like you did mine! What will Zhao Fei think and say if she learns what he is feeling now? She'll probably laugh at him to her heart's content.