Chapter Twenty Two 🌹

From the opening of the steel gate, Alen watched Yibo come out of the house and walk towards the gate. With crossed eyebrows, he looked at some reporters who were on the road. Shaking his head, he looked back at Yibo who was already on the fence.

"If you're one of the reporters," Yibo opened the steel gate. "It's good to---" Yibo didn't continue what he had to say when he recognized the man.

"Zhan's expecting me," then man said and smiled gently.

There was no emotion on Yibo's face, and he looked up at the house. He didn't want to let the man in, but the reporters will party if they hear what this man could say. Yibo opened the gate and let Alen in and ignored the calls and approach of the reporters.

"You must be Zhan's ex-husband?" Alen continued as he followed Yibo's big steps and looked suspiciously at the man still in bikini trunks. A mocking brow rose. "Ex? I don't remember having any legal proof that my husband and I are divorced." Yibo answered.

"That's the reason why Zhan came home to China, Mr. Wang," Alen continued. "Yesterday he called me and said you will talk and probably have settled everything in the morning. And told me to pick him up before noon."

"I see," Yibo replied in a cold tone. "Make yourself comfortable, Mr-"

"Alen Fang, Mr. Wang," Alen answered as he sat comfortably on the large sofa. "And call me Alen. I really hope your lawyers will process the legalities fast since Zhan and I plan to get married in Colorado after the paperwork is done. And... I advise him to settle to a smaller amount of... alimony so there won't be much to talk about."

Yibo stiffened although he didn't show it to the other person. Gritting his teeth, he turned and looked up. Alimony. He looked back at Alen.

"Ah... yes, the alimony," Yibo said smoothly, stepping towards the minibar. Alen silently hated the calmness of the man. Hating Yibo because he couldn't read any emotion on the other person's face.

Yibo took a bottle of brandy and poured into two glasses. Damn he doesn't drink this early, but he needed the shot to smoothen his nerves. He didn't understand where the anger in his chest came from that made him want to give the other man a flying kick.

"And how much is it if you suggest a smaller amount?" Yibo added in dangerous calm. The goblet was carried in both hands and the other was silently offered to the man.

Alen let out a smile as he reached for the wine. "Knowing the Wang's resources, I'm sure whatever amount you give Zhan won't diminish you."

Yibo took one swallow, and he couldn't avoid the roughness in his voice when he speak again. "I hate subtleties, Mr. Fang, how much do you think Zhan wants for alimony?"

Alen first made an expression on his face that seemed to be thinking. "I remembered he said something like... fifteen million, Mr. Wang, and I agreed with her. A small amount, isn't it? to set you both free?"

Yibo took a moment before speaking. A faint humorless smile curved his lips and drained the contents of the brandy glass. Then gave a fake sigh.

"I wonder where you got the idea that I wanted to be free from my husband, Mr. Fang. If I did, I would have been the first one to find a way. And I want to let you know that Zhan has changed his mind..."

Alen looked up and stopped in mid-air as he was about to bring the glass to his mouth.

"What do you mean? Did he... did he ask something less?" Alen said, ignoring Yibo's first statement. Then he smiled. "Of course, Zhan probably just wants to facilitate the annulment. But you wouldn't do that to him, Mr. Wang, would you?"

"Of course," agreed Yibo. "I wouldn't want my husband to settle for less, so annulment is out of the question, Mr. Fang. Zhan will remain my husband and as such will be entitled to just more than fifteen million... which is, as you very well know, is just a dot in the Wang's' vast resources."

Alen's eyes widened. "You do not-"

"I really hate to end this conversation, Mr. Fang," Yibo interrupted what the man was saying. "...but you happened to... interrupt-" Yibo smiled and looked upstairs. "...you know what I mean, we would like to spend the day in bed."

Alen suddenly stood up. "I want to talk to Zhan, Mr. Wang!" Alen said in a high voice.

"I'll tell him to give you a ring later." Yibo cut him.

"I need to-" Alen insisted.

"Good day, Mr. Wang." Yibo walked over to the door and opened it. "And please be kind to close the gate."

Alen stormed out while glancing above.