Chapter Forty Two 🌹

"NO?" Zhan repeated with crossed eyebrows. Not knowing that at that moment Yibo was capable of violence.

Yibo summoned all self-control. A few moments passed before speaking again. "You're not leaving the country, Xiao Zhan." Yibo's nose flared in anger. "You will stay and kill the rumor between you and my father. The two of us will need to be seen together in the next few days..."

"But-"

"Damn you!" Yibo shouted. "What will people say if they find out that both of you and Dad are both leaving the country!"

Xiao Zhan was even more confused. He was having a difficult time keeping up with the man.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb, Xiao Zhan!" Yibo said furiously in anger to his father and anger at his husband in front of him.

"I'm dumb so tell me!" Zhan reciprocated. "You are driving me mad with your temper and I don't understand you! You must have allowed yourself to undergo a head scan!"

If it wasn't for the weight of the events in Yibo's mind, he would have laughed out loud at what his husband said. He decided to play Zhan's game.

"Dad was scheduled to leave after the board meeting to catch up on the meeting in Texas. Grandma Lujin happened to pass away so he was delayed. And I learned from his secretary that Dad will leave this week!"

"Oh."

"And you, my dear, will remain here with me and act your part as my beloved husband!"

"Yibo, the moment I'm gone, and mom and dad come back here, those untrue rumors will disappear," Zhan pleaded.

He needed to get Yibo out of his sight for his sanity. "And what about Lulu?"

"Haoxuan is there. He won't leave your sister," Yibo said in a final tone. "You can call her anytime."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Three days after that conversation, Quiren left for Texas. Yibo took Zhan to the airport to send off Quiren and was extra-sweet with him. He was never allowed to leave his side and he knew it was because of the watching press. Yibo just dropped him off home and then he left. And for the rest of that afternoon he did nothing but sleep. He is not feeling well and didn't want to leave his room.

In the evening Yibo called him. "Get ready and we will dine outside," said Yibo.

"Oh, no, Yibo," he answered weakly. "I don't feel like going out today. I feel bad and I just want to sleep."

"Xiao Zh-"

"You can't force me," Zhan said in a disgusted tone when he predicted that his husband would not agree. "I want to have an early night, Yibo, and if you want to go out, suit yourself," he said, hanging up the phone and burying his face in the pillow again.

Yibo's jaw clenched. He thought that his husband is just making excuses and doesn't want to come with him. He picked up the phone again and called Zhao Fei.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

It was midnight when Yibo got home. He proceeds to the guest room and open the door then he switches on the light. Zhan woke up and slightly opened his eyes and looked at his husband at the door.

"W-what time is it?" he asked huskily.

"Past twelve," Yibo answered absentmindedly. Zhan is lying on the pillow with his pajamas on.

"Good... morning then... and put the lights off," he purred and went back to sleep.

Without flinching, Yibo turned off the light and closed the door again. Continued to his own room. Tossed the car key on the dresser and undressed. Enter the bathroom and himself in the cold water. He wants to suppress the heat in his body with water.

Lord, but he hated and wanted him at the same time. What kind of virus landed on him and his need for his husband is this intense? A need Zhao Fei can't meet. Zhao Fei who was more of his type and more beautiful, more attractive than Zhan. Zhao Fei who goes out of her way to please him in any sex they have. While he taught his husband what to do during their lovemaking.

As the water splashed, Zhao Fei's frustration in her condo came to his mind.

"You were bad today, honey?" she said accusingly. A frustrated look in her beautiful eyes. He stood up, not even bothering to cover his naked body and walked towards the dresser where the cigarettes were.

Yibo watched the goddess beauty in admiration. Dark and exotic. Flawless from head to toe. A man must be physically impotent to not be aroused in front of this woman. And he was as healthy and normal as the next man. He obligingly performed his task and to his dismay, couldn't reach for a satisfying release.

"What else do you want, Zhao Fei?" he asked and watched her blow the smoke ceilingward.

"I've done my part..."

"You know I don't mean myself," she said in a muffled voice. "I can't fault you with that. What I mean is you, Yibo."

Yibo stood up and picked up his boxer and pants and put them on. "Perhaps I want my husband and find myself defiling our marriage bed. Don't you think so?" he said brutally while zipping up his pants.

Zhao Fei's eyes narrowed at that. "You hypocrite and heartless bastard!" her uncontrollable exclamation.

Yibo let out a loud laugh and raised both hands. "Guilty as charged." Then he reached for his polo shirt and put it on while observing the shock on Zhao Fei's face. "I have always been straightforward with you, Zhao Fei, honey, to the point of brutality. And I can't pretend otherwise, because that's me, right?"

"Get out, Wang Yibo!" she shouted hysterically. The composure she had kept since the first day they met had completely disappeared. "And I hope your husband will break your heart to pieces like you did mine!"

"How can my husband do that when you just said I'm heartless, Zhao Fei, honey?" he taunted.

"Oh!" She picked up the ashtray and threw it at him. Yibo barely dodged and the ashtray hit the lampshade and it fell to the floor. She looked around to find something big to throw when Yiko seeak.

"Don't try that again." Yibo's voice calm but there's a menace in his eyes. He reached into his pants pocket and threw a velvet box on the bed. "And don't pretend to give it back to me because I know you've wanted that. Good-bye, Zhao Fei, and thank you so much for the good times."

"I hate you, Wang Yibo!" she yelled as he went out the door. A hand caught the perfume bottle and threw it at the door along with a series of curses.

Then sat down on the bed. Can't believe their relationship ended like that. She glanced at the velvet box and picked it up and opened it. She gasped as a diamond studded bracelet was revealed to her, the one she had once shown Yibo at a famous jewelry store. And she knows how much the jewelry is worth. It was a small fortune.

So, the bastard has planned to end their affair today and did it in his usual gallant ways. She wanted to be insulted but it was overshadowed by the satisfaction of the bracelet in the box.