Chapter Forty Eight 🌹

Yibo did not even want to blink while staring at his husband. Zhan bit his lip hard to keep from screaming at the pain in his stomach and he was holding Yibo's arm tightly and seemed to be drawing strength from his husband.

"Sweetheart, tell me what to do... talk to me, please..."

"I'm scared," Zhan sobbed. "M-my mother... she-she d-died in my arms after she... she gave birth to Lulu."

Yibo drew in a sharp breath. The beady sweat on the forehead. The moment Grandma Lujin last moment came to his mind. His grandmother, too, died in his huband's arms. No wonder Zhan was so shocked!

And he was consumed with jealousy at the thought that there is something between his dad and Zhan. He feel even more self-loathing at that moment.

Zhan raised his teary-eyed to Yibo and saw the agony of guilt in his husband's face and he can read what's in his husband's mind. His love prevailed. "I... I wasn't lying when I said I love you, Yibo..."

"Sshh... I know, I know," Yibo whispered. He brought Zhan hand to his lips and kiss it. Yibo's eyes got misty. "And I love you, too, sweetheart. So much you can't begin to know..."

"Oh!" Zhan moaned again and tightened his grip on his husband's arm.

"Zhan!" He stood up in a panic and did not know where and how to hold his husband.

Yibo was scared to death. He will not forgive himself the moment something happens to his husband and their son. He shouldn't have brought Zhan to the Island.

"Get out first, Yibo," Nana Shuyi ordered when Zhan was settled. "Leave your husband and me."

"No!" Zhan and Yibo answered almost at the same time.

"D-don't leave me, Yibo..." Zhan held on to his arms tightly as if they were his lifeline.

"I'm not leaving your side, sweetheart," Yibo answered firmly and determinedly. "Nana Shuyi, hurry up and my husband is having so much pain now..."

The old woman sighed and shook her head and started holding Zhan's stomach and gently pulling him down. "Zhan, go ahead, son..." she ordered.

"Push, sweetheart," Yibo added as his husband's frown deepened and he looked up at him, perhaps not immediately understanding what the old woman said.

"Ohhh!" Zhan couldn't help but let out a long, loud scream.

"Nana Shuyi!" Yibo shouted in shock.

"Hey!" snorted the old woman. "Don't freak me out Yibo. I told you to get out first, eh. Shut up, Zhan, all right push..."

Zhan's fingers almost dug into Yibo's arms with a loud sneer.

"Go on, son... go on... more push."

"Hmppp...!"

Oh, God, oh, god! Yibo wanted to pass out from worry and nervousness. He wanted to leave the room because his strength seemed to be running out due to fear while watching his husband. But he didn't want to leave him either. He would give his strength, his life, if his husband and son needed it. He tried to keep his calm. Took a deep breath and swallowed. He pulled back his husband's sweat-drenched hair. And wiped the sweat from Zhan's forehead, even his polo shirt was wet with sweat. Also, his eyes were covered with sweat.

"I can see your son's head, Zhan," the old woman said with a smile. "Go ahead, Zhan. A loud and continuous push... go on..."

"Push, sweetheart, come on," Yibo encouraged as Zhan takes his strength from him. And as longer Zhan's push was, Yibo held his breath the same.

A loud cry filled the entire room. "It's a boy, Zhan!" exclaimed the old woman who smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. "Your child is a boy, Yibo!"

Nana Shuyi placed their child on his mother's stomach and stared at him with a smile. Who would have thought that one of the heirs of the WQC empire was born in this old villa? And it was her who brought the child out into the light.

"My baby..." Zhan looks at his son, tears and sweat already mixed. Then looked up at his husband who was staring at him and their son.

Yibo was momentarily stunned as he watched his husband and newborn son in awe. Two months premature but strong. An inexplicable feeling welled up in his chest. His throat constricted. His eyes misty.

Welcome, Wang Yibo, Jr.!