Chapter Thirty Eight 🌹

Yibo dropped the speaker of the two-way radio. This is the third time he contacted WQC to talk to his father, but Quiren was not there. In fact, he didn't even know what to say to Quiren if he was there. It's the third day since Zhan left and will he ask his father when Zhan's coming back to the ranch?

Damn! For three and a half years now, he does not talk to his father unless it has something to do with WQC. And Grandma Lujin's death didn't help him cross the gap that he put between him and his father. He even had the feeling that the wall he blocked between the two of them had risen even higher. Because he wants to be suspicious and angry at times his father becomes intimate with his husband. Yibo hated himself at the thought, but his chest seemed to be on fire every time he saw the two of them closed to each other.

And Yibo can't even give himself a reason why he feels that way. Was it because he couldn't afford to think that Quiren was looking at other besides his mother, whether there was malice or not? Or because he is just jealous?

He quickly shook his head. Maybe it is more of the first reason why he is being like this.

And now, why would he radio his father just to ask when Zhan was coming back? He violently rocked the chair in the radio room. He will make sure that there will be a telephone line in the entire island. After all, Grandma Lujin was the only one who didn't want to have a telephone in the villa. She didn't want the modern amenities for the rancho because the old woman wanted at least some things that could preserve the past times.

For her the radio is enough.

Yibo casually opened the door and went out of the radio room in the east wing of the villa. In the hallway, he met Zhao Fei. In short shorts and tube midriff blouse. A beautiful body and delicate brown complexion exposed to deliberate tanning. Long and straight straight hair.

"Where have you been, Yibo?" She greeted him with a smile and put her arm around him. "You promised to show me the log cabin today," she added softly.

Mr. Zhao told her that he saw the log cabin near the river but the staffs with him did not allow him to go there and only the Wang brothers can go to that place. She was thrilled and asked Yibo about it. In the past few days that he and Yibo were together at the villa, the man was very distant. She had done everything possible to win him, but Yibo was always cold.

"Some other time, Zhao Fei." Yibo said as he walked towards his room. "I really have to fly to Beijing today."

"What?" the girl look at him, her arm loosened from clinging to him. "Why are you coming back to Beijing? I thought your dad gave you a month's vacation. And how about my vacation with dad here?"

"You can stay for as long as you want," Yibo continued as he opened his room. "I'm going to pick up Zhan." ignoring her, he took off his white shirt and pulled out a polo shirt from the closet.

Zhao Fei hugged him from behind. Her face on his back. "You are hurting me, darling," she sobbed. "We're together for a few days here but you're so far away from me. You weren't like that before. And now you say you're going to pick up your husband."

Yibo broke free from her. "C'mon, Zhao Fei. Things are different now. If I haven't really given a single thought before my married status, now it's as clear as daylight that I'm married. Why Quiren allowed you to spend your vacation here in the ranch beats me," Yibo said impatiently. Suddenly, Yibo was stunned by his own answer. It was only then that he thought why does Quiren not care that Zhao Fei is at the ranch when Xiao Zhan is here in China knowing his relationship with Zhao Fei?

"That could only mean one thing, Yibo," the woman replied. "He was throwing us together. And isn't that reason enough for Zhan to agree to go with him in Beijing? Perhaps your father realized that time had been wasted for both of you. For all you know, your father will take the first step for your annulment..."

Yibo stared at Zhao Fei intently at the last thing he said while thinking about what Quiren said.

"I give up, Yibo... You can annul your marriage with Zhan and make it fast! I know I have been unfair with Xiao Zhan. That child has a life of his own and I imprisoned him with marrying you!"

His mind immediately rejected that, and at the same time his anger rose. With big steps, he walked out of the room.

"Yibo, wait!" Zhao Fie chased. "If you really come back to Beijing, I will come with you," she said with a combination of depression and irritation.

"How about your dad? I can't wait for him," said Yibo without stopping.

"Let's just leave a note. He can travel by sea tomorrow and I'll just ask our driver to pick him up from the capital."